Who are your three stars???

siket

1. Miller. When you stone them 3 times i a shootout for the win - you earned it.

2. Briere. Game winner - enough said.

3. Cole. That guy is always in the right place.

and who are yours?

Please! If Miller isn't rock solid then nobody even remembers Briere played in the game.

Novotny had a stronger game.

1) Miller

2) Spacek - he looked like Zhitnik. If Zhitnik could hit the net. :rolleyes:

3) Cole or Ward.

;)

1. Miller

2. Novotny

3. Cole

No way Briere deserves to be anywhere near this list. The only time I actually knew he was on the ice was when he was turning over the puck. Shootout, Schmootout. I'm jumping on Deluca's B-Rod bandwagon. Dude played like a 5 cent player.

1. Miller

2. Novotny

3. Cole

No way Briere deserves to be anywhere near this list. The only time I actually knew he was on the ice was when he was turning over the puck. Shootout, Schmootout. I'm jumping on Deluca's B-Rod bandwagon. Dude played like a 5 cent player.

He was invisible for 2 periods, but had some good 3rd period pressure on several shifts.

But, what do you want from your $5M player when the game is tied and you are in a SO? You want him to put the puck in the net. He was the only one to do it in the SO. He did it when we needed him most.

I am nominating Max for negative stars, he looked like old Max, some silly runs giving up possesion, and he was in a different world than his linemates.

While I can't admire too much of what Max did, perhaps his linemates need to get on his page. That being said, I think Max really benefitted playing with Roy, a guy who didn't dominate the puck but was excellent at cycling.

Kotalik look to be picking up the slack as far as which Euro on the team is going to be taking lazy penalties.

1. Miller - solid performance

2. Refs - blisters on lips from whistling

3. Ward - looked good

I am nominating Max for negative stars, he looked like old Max, some silly runs giving up possesion, and he was in a different world than his linemates.

THE SHERPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The refs did do a lot of blowing last night.

My three stars:

1. Miller

2. Ward

3. Spacek

1) Miller- we all know why...

2)Ward- great stop on dannys redirect with 20 seconds left

3)Spacek/Briere- Jaro's was great and looks like no step down from Mckee, Danny beacuse hey...he won the game for us and thats what big time players do

great game, and if this tells us anything i can see a rematch in the finals again...

We need to do a regular 3-star feature. What is the best way to do it? Just a thread like this? Some sort of poll?

Maybe do a thread for nominations and add the poll later?

BTW,

1. Miller

2. Ward

3. Briere

We need to do a regular 3-star feature. What is the best way to do it? Just a thread like this? Some sort of poll?

My vote would be, if it isn't too much work, to let people nominate players throughout the game and for a few minutes afterwards and then to have someone make a poll from the nominees. That way, people could see who others thought were doing well throughout the game, and it wouldn't necessarily eliminate someone who's meritorious action occurred too late (or early) in the game to be credited.

Could the poll be automatically closed say 24 hours (or 2 hours or whatever) after it is posted?

If someone were to volunteer to do the hard part of that, I'd be willing to keep track of the selections throughout the season.

My vote would be, if it isn't too much work, to let people nominate players throughout the game and for a few minutes afterwards and then to have someone make a poll from the nominees. That way, people could see who others thought were doing well throughout the game, and it wouldn't necessarily eliminate someone who's meritorious action occurred too late (or early) in the game to be credited.

Could the poll be automatically closed say 24 hours (or 2 hours or whatever) after it is posted?

If someone were to volunteer to do the hard part of that, I'd be willing to keep track of the selections throughout the season.

Would this be a Sabres only poll?

Maybe three Sabres then one from the opponent?

Just a thought?

Would this be a Sabres only poll?

Maybe three Sabres then one from the opponent?

Just a thought?

the opposing team is the hard part in any automated process.... Heck, we could make a thread with three poll questions in it. Each question can have 10 selections (I can make this more if needed). It might be worthwhile to just put the full roster in each question and open the polling after the game and close it the next day.

He was invisible for 2 periods, but had some good 3rd period pressure on several shifts.

But, what do you want from your $5M player when the game is tied and you are in a SO? You want him to put the puck in the net. He was the only one to do it in the SO. He did it when we needed him most.

Again. If Miller doesn't stop all three then no one remembers he even took a shot? And, it's not like everyone on the team had a chance to shoot. It was Vanek, Briere and game over thanks to Miller.

Briere did play a better third. But, it's the three stars of the game which is 60 minutes. Novotny played better over the 60 minutes then Briere. If Briere shows up for the first 40 minutes then maybe the overtime and shootout are a non factor.

I am going to bring this up all season. For $5 million this season B-Rod needs to play 60 minutes for 82 games and the playoffs. The Sabres are not paying him to play a period here and there. His shootout goal was nice. But Shootouts are all abut the goalies. As long as the goalie does his job there will always be another shooter. ;)

the opposing team is the hard part in any automated process.... Heck, we could make a thread with three poll questions in it. Each question can have 10 selections (I can make this more if needed). It might be worthwhile to just put the full roster in each question and open the polling after the game and close it the next day.

Why not just limit it to one choice per person and take the top three responses?

Archived