Myspace- Buffalo Sabres

inkman

Do you really think it's Dan? It's somewhat believable, and I don't see why a professional athlete couldn't or wouldn't set up a profile to stay in touch with the fans. But I doubt it. It's fun to believe though, and a lot of people appear to be having fun! What's the harm.

How do you know they're real?

To answer my own "what's the harm?" question... What if someone impersonating a player made sexually explicit or threatening comments? I wouldn't be surprised to see players and teams try to get these pages shut down.

A friend got the page directly from Meyer. He's got some other Flyers players listed as friends, so I'm assuming those ones are real too. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd find a way to taunt those players nonstop for their great showing in the playoffs last year.

I don't have a myspace account and I can't really remember how I came across this but here it is.

Danny Briere

I chose Danny because he has the most links to other players on his space(?).

It looks really fishy to me...he only has 4 pictures, he's using a video from Youtube which was most likely uploaded by some fan, his "blurb" sounds really stupid, under the "movies" category does he really need to say "watching film of our previous games to pick up the opponents tendencies." Probably just a fan site

c'mon guys, I think you all know that is not Daniel Briere's. I mean give me a break. My favorite music: "that theme song that they play before our home games really pumps me up". Just ridiculous! Do you think that any agent would let one of his clients put that crap up especially when he will be negotiating a long term contract with a some team next year? Whoever wrote that page sounds retarded. "What they don't realize is that I have the heart of a lion"- Please....

A friend got the page directly from Meyer. He's got some other Flyers players listed as friends, so I'm assuming those ones are real too. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd find a way to taunt those players nonstop for their great showing in the playoffs last year.

Shrader, be nice! I'd hate to be so concise and put this in a nutshell, but as the old saying goes, "What goes around comes around". :rolleyes:

I've learned my lesson. Root for the Sabres, and respect the rest. Taunting gets fans nowhere, especially when it comes to poking fun at Robert Esche's short fuse.

Archived