sabres sign atlantas backup goalie

syr6987

I'm telling ya, that's where the salt shaker post icon would come in very handy.

What's really disturbing is how many people seem to trust hockeybuzz. I was in the car a lot over the last couple of days, and they have Eklund on XM and treat him like he is a credible source. I usually like the hockey coverage on XM, but they give Eklund too much credit.

What's really disturbing is how many people seem to trust hockeybuzz. I was in the car a lot over the last couple of days, and they have Eklund on XM and treat him like he is a credible source. I usually like the hockey coverage on XM, but they give Eklund too much credit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eklund rumor was as obscure as the first post in this thread. Atlanta's backup goalie? Way to name the guy. :rolleyes:

You owe me for going to that site to check it out. :lol: The goalie is Adam Berkhoel.

And I'm probably one of about 2 people on this board who even know who he is. He was on the winning end of probably the greatest minute of hockey I've ever seen. He stood on his head as Denver held onto a 1-0 lead against Maine, facing a 6-on-3 situation in the NCAA championship game.

But anyway, even if Eklund is somehow right, this isn't a backup signing. He'd be a #3 goalie at best, even after Marty is moved.

And I'm probably one of about 2 people on this board who even know who he is. He was on the winning end of probably the greatest minute of hockey I've ever seen. He stood on his head as Denver held onto a 1-0 lead against Maine, facing a 6-on-3 situation in the NCAA championship game.

But anyway, even if Eklund is somehow right, this isn't a backup signing. He'd be a #3 goalie at best, even after Marty is moved.

Well, we needed a #3, so if it's true, not a bad move.

I think it is probably legit. Probably a two way contract -

this guy is really for Ra-cha-cha.

Wel we need a goalie for the Amerks so we are at least making "progress" on getting the whole organizations goal situation settled. Now let's get the parent club with two goalies under contract!

i think if it was that big a deal sabres.com might have had it ontheir website.......... also if you want good info try thefourthperiod.com.... they seem to be a little slow but always right on. eklund always seems to lean towards the flyers or some other atlantic team ...........

not a rumor my man actaully happened

it "actually happened" as in you're the unnamed backup goalie's agent? an employee with the sabres' front office? larry quinn's masseuse? darcy regier's bartender?

if it "actually happened," it should be on the news wires, and it ain't.

still, i understand from some of the other members here that this guy may well have been acquired, but that he'd be earmarked for rochester. in which case, i'd errantly made a jump by inferring that this rumor (sorry, fact) was also meant to imply that marty was on the move.

Archived