Uniform Debut

apuszczalowski

I think Quinn made mention of that, when he was explaining why they had no product at last week's hastily called press conference...the team (IIRC) is wearing the red & black for the first few preseason games and then switches to the new B&G scheme for the game apus linked...

I wonder how this color switch will affect the players' personal equipment, such as gloves for the skaters and trapper, blocker, pads & masks for the goalies...do you go with the all-white, just-traded look; mix n' match the B&G with the R&B for a few games, or match everything up for each game, and switch to new B&G stuff when the team unveils the new unis? Inquiring minds want to know....

Does that mean that they will wear the red & black jerseys for their other five away games? Seems a little odd to me.

Actually, the whole switchover seems to have been handled very unprofessionally. Who creates new uniforms and then doesn't let the team wear them for their first games in a new season? I don't think I've ever heard of this happening in the NHL ever. If you change colors/logos/unis, then the old ones get tossed and you wear the new ones.

The longer this drags out, the more worried I get. I'm now imagining some type of goofy outfits like the long pants/short jerseys that several teams wore some seasons back. What is so secret about these things that you won't even allow the team to wear them for their road pre-season games?

I'm still betting that the team was totally unprepared for the exceedingly negative reaction to the new logo and there is much damage control (the vintage "third" jerseys being one aspect) going on. I'd be willing to bet that fingers are being pointed and sometime after the season starts, whoever is deemed responsible for this debacle is quietly shown out the back door of the Arena.

I think whatever the new logo/uniforms looked like back in June, they have been substantially redesigned since then hence the reason for delaying their debut for so long.

Maybe I'm just whistling Dixie, but either all these odd things are covering something up OR the new color/logo/uni switch was coordinated by a spaced-out summer intern.

-Ed <_<

Since this is the most recent uniform thread and I refuse to start yet another thread about it:

If you people want ugly jerseys, take a look at what the Milwaukee Admirals just unveiled today.

www.milwaukeeadmirals.com

I have to admit, that's ugly. I did enjoy the leg and foot bones as a hockey stick, though.

Another thing to consider: when you have two teams in the same conference in the same league named "Admirals," you have to do something different to get attention...

Since this is the most recent uniform thread and I refuse to start yet another thread about it:

If you people want ugly jerseys, take a look at what the Milwaukee Admirals just unveiled today.

www.milwaukeeadmirals.com

If that were an NHL team, I'd be appalled, but it's AHL, and I think some of the markets are allowed to be kooky. They need gimmicks for attendance more than the NLL.

Actually, the whole switchover seems to have been handled very unprofessionally. Who creates new uniforms and then doesn't let the team wear them for their first games in a new season? I don't think I've ever heard of this happening in the NHL ever. If you change colors/logos/unis, then the old ones get tossed and you wear the new ones.

The longer this drags out, the more worried I get. I'm now imagining some type of goofy outfits like the long pants/short jerseys that several teams wore some seasons back. What is so secret about these things that you won't even allow the team to wear them for their road pre-season games?

I'm still betting that the team was totally unprepared for the exceedingly negative reaction to the new logo and there is much damage control (the vintage "third" jerseys being one aspect) going on. I'd be willing to bet that fingers are being pointed and sometime after the season starts, whoever is deemed responsible for this debacle is quietly shown out the back door of the Arena.

I think whatever the new logo/uniforms looked like back in June, they have been substantially redesigned since then hence the reason for delaying their debut for so long.

Maybe I'm just whistling Dixie, but either all these odd things are covering something up OR the new color/logo/uni switch was coordinated by a spaced-out summer intern.

-Ed <_<

Good post...this whole switchover seems to have been thrown together rather unprofessionally and haphazardly.

Back to the main point of my initial post...why make the players A) wear stuff that doesn't match the uniforms they'll be wearing (i.e., B&G gloves with the R&B uniforms for the first few games) or B) have to break in all new gloves, goalies pads, trappers, blockers, etc. for the final preseason game and start of the regular season. Why not give them the whole camp to do that, and for the team to wear the new unis, so the new scheme and logo can start to (hopefully) grow on the fans?

They may wear tyhe new equipment for practice to braek them in and just wear their old stuff for the away games until they unveil the new stuff. I really don't think the players care about the look of the new uniforms as much as the fans do, or think they do.

I know if I was an NHLer getting payed millions, I wouldn't care what the uniform looked like as long as my paycheck was coming in

Archived