D'ohopp Slug Logo Question

Taro T

Apologies to Apus and BtP and anyone else totally sick of the "great logo controversy", but something caught my attention today and I was curious about it.

D'ohopp came back from his vacation today and still had his shorts in a wad about the fan reaction to the "new" logo. (Personally, I find crying over a perceived crying over the logo to be kind of funny in a sad, but yet pathetic, sort of way.) THREE minutes into the show he started crying about it.

I went to a meeting, and when I finished and got back in my car just before 4:30, he said something that I thought was rather strange. He said "the fans don't DESERVE (emphasis mine) to choose the logo but they do deserve to have the team back intact". Based on this comment, and PTS's past comments about both the logo being revamped in November and D'ohopp's past claims that until he sees the logo he'll reserve judgement, AND Larry Quinn and Chris Parker's comments that Chris and D'ohopp both saw the logo in November (which make D'ohopp's claims rather disingenuous); I wonder whether Mr. Condescension was a part of the alleged focus group that brought us this abomination?

If he wasn't a part of the focus group, I simply can't understand why D'ohopp is taking this outcry against the logo so personally. The only times I've ever heard him so ticked is when he is being accused of being a shill, and that probably ticks him off because he realizes the criticism when levied is hitting pretty close to home.

Just curious if anyone else noticed how full of hatred for the logo haters he still was today, a week later.

Apologies to Apus and BtP and anyone else totally sick of the "great logo controversy", but something caught my attention today and I was curious about it.

D'ohopp came back from his vacation today and still had his shorts in a wad about the fan reaction to the "new" logo. (Personally, I find crying over a perceived crying over the logo to be kind of funny in a sad, but yet pathetic, sort of way.) THREE minutes into the show he started crying about it.

I went to a meeting, and when I finished and got back in my car just before 4:30, he said something that I thought was rather strange. He said "the fans don't DESERVE (emphasis mine) to choose the logo but they do deserve to have the team back intact". Based on this comment, and PTS's past comments about both the logo being revamped in November and D'ohopp's past claims that until he sees the logo he'll reserve judgement, AND Larry Quinn and Chris Parker's comments that Chris and D'ohopp both saw the logo in November (which make D'ohopp's claims rather disingenuous); I wonder whether Mr. Condescension was a part of the alleged focus group that brought us this abomination?

If he wasn't a part of the focus group, I simply can't understand why D'ohopp is taking this outcry against the logo so personally. The only times I've ever heard him so ticked is when he is being accused of being a shill, and that probably ticks him off because he realizes the criticism when levied is hitting pretty close to home.

Just curious if anyone else noticed how full of hatred for the logo haters he still was today, a week later.

I like when he complains on how fans spend so much time on a worthless topic then he spends 30 minutes talking about strat-o-matic baseball :blink:

Assuming he was part of the focus group, my followup questions would be: who the hell thought he should be included in the new design of the Sabres' logo; and what the hell was Schopp drinking when he gave his thumbs-up to that design?

FWIW, I left WNY in July 2001, and I haven't head much from Schopp since his WNSA days. I assume that's a good thing, based on the comments I have heard on here. I am surprised that he turned to the dark side (WGR) b/c I always liked his show on WNSA - IIRC, he was the polar opposite of the Coach and some of WGR's jackass hosts.

Assuming he was part of the focus group, my followup questions would be: who the hell thought he should be included in the new design of the Sabres' logo; and what the hell was Schopp drinking when he gave his thumbs-up to that design?

FWIW, I left WNY in July 2001, and I haven't head much from Schopp since his WNSA days. I assume that's a good thing, based on the comments I have heard on here. I am surprised that he turned to the dark side (WGR) b/c I always liked his show on WNSA - IIRC, he was the polar opposite of the Coach and some of WGR's jackass hosts.

Shopp's cred doesn't get real far with this hombre. His favorite sport is tennis. What's his second favorite, hide the salami in my co-host?

Have you ever heard him get on his soap box about how badly he/wgr55 are treated by the Bills organization? I feel like going down there and shoving a pacifier in his mouth everytime he starts up.

Note to Schoop...If you didn't constantly bash them, maybe the relationship would be better.

Archived