Tell me if you'd like this design?

Jim Liberatore

Guys, we really need to stop with the 97,000 "proposed" designs ... making our voice heard that we hate the slug is one thing, but they are just going to look at all these others, including Slabyk's, as amatuers trying to tell them how to do their job. That never goes over well no matter your business.

I agreethey screwed up with the slug, I hate it and it seems most Sabres fans hate it also. But throwing out 13 others and having some like one, some like others ... gets us no where. Even the Slabyk ones people like some more than others. all it shows is we can't agree on one so why should they listen to us.

The quick answer ... NO.

I judge everything by the Celsius design and this concept along with the Sabres new logo don't even come close.

So what is so wrong with that design????

It has everything everyone wants, Blue and Gold, No Slug, No Goathead, Sabres Swords Representing Sabres and not the City. What more do you want other then the Celsius Design? Or the Original Logo (which is old and Out Dated)?

It has everything everyone wants, Blue and Gold, No Slug, No Goathead, Sabres Swords Representing Sabres and not the City. What more do you want other then the Celsius Design? Or the Original Logo (which is old and Out Dated)?

The Sabres already have two strikes against them with the current crossed sword logo and the sluggalo. I really don't want to see them take another swing at improving this thing.

Put the box of crayons down Larry, and go back to the tried and true, original logo. It's time we end this freak show and move on.

This is what I mean ... some like the Celsius designs, some just want blue and gold and some sabres, some want the old one ... if I was the Sabres i would think we were all full of crap and can't decide what we want, too.

For the record, the old one is no more out of date than Montreal's, Toronto's Boston's, Detroit's, Chicago's, Philly's, etc etc etc ... I could go on ... and yeah those are the old traditional hockey cities, just like Buffalo is ... let the freakin Sun Belt teams try to sell their non-hockey "fans" with a "stylish" new logo, they have nothing to lose. They f'ed up changing it in 1996 and now they are f'ing it up again. They ticked off the old-school fans but that was OK, now they have a whole generation who know them with the goathead ... and now they have decided to piss BOTH of those groups off.

I have kept pretty quiet so as not to come off as the cranky old guy (sorry to step on your toes, DeLuca ;) ), but all these crazy designs suck. Even the Slabyk/Celsius designs are nothing but cheap ripoffs of the orginal. There are like nine options there and all but one or two are just distortions of the old one. There are a couple there that might be good idea but we will never know because the Sabres obviously look at the whole thing as amateur hour.

Go back to the original or stick with what you have and wear the orginal as the alternate. Obviously we are all just too hard to please.

The Sabres already have two strikes against them with the current crossed sword logo and the sluggalo. I really don't want to see them take another swing at improving this thing.

Put the box of crayons down Larry, and go back to the tried and true, original logo. It's time we end this freak show and move on.

See if you like this one better.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/spe...5/bufsabjl2.jpg

For the record, the old one is no more out of date than Montreal's, Toronto's Boston's, Detroit's, Chicago's, Philly's, etc etc etc ... I could go on ... and yeah those are the old traditional hockey cities, just like Buffalo is ... let the freakin Sun Belt teams try to sell their non-hockey "fans" with a "stylish" new logo, they have nothing to lose. They f'ed up changing it in 1996 and now they are f'ing it up again. They ticked off the old-school fans but that was OK, now they have a whole generation who know them with the goathead ... and now they have decided to piss BOTH of those groups off.Obviously we are all just too hard to please.

OK, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, they are all original six teams and the original NHL so I doubt they will every change their logo's and uniforms much just because of the League and team Heritage. The Sabres are not an original team and have already changed their uniforms once. Personnally I find the original logo a little lame and would not want to see them go back to the exact logo. THat is the past, and it should stay as the past. Everyone talks about tradition, but last time I checked, the Sabres were pretty much a better team for the majority of the time they wore the current Jersey's so how can we just get rid of that tradition?

I have no problem with them going back to blue and gold, but please atleast update the logo and uniform. And if you are going to cry that they have to go back to the old logo to pay tribute to Tradition, they better use the current uniforms to cause like it or not, its part of the Sabres Tradition just as much as the Blue and Gold.

I think its time the "traditionalists" move on and realise that they won't go back to the old logo. Its time to move on, cause if you really want to go back, why stop with the uniform, we can go back to play in the Aud with the French Connection, and Patty and Mogilny (I hear Pats now looking for a job) maybe Fuhr will play in net.

I have no problem with them going back to a similar logo as the original, but it has to be updated, and not an exact replica of the original. And it should also incorporate the current logo due to it also being a part of tradition

OK, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, they are all original six teams and the original NHL so I doubt they will every change their logo's and uniforms much just because of the League and team Heritage. The Sabres are not an original team and have already changed their uniforms once. Personnally I find the original logo a little lame and would not want to see them go back to the exact logo. THat is the past, and it should stay as the past. Everyone talks about tradition, but last time I checked, the Sabres were pretty much a better team for the majority of the time they wore the current Jersey's so how can we just get rid of that tradition?

I have no problem with them going back to blue and gold, but please atleast update the logo and uniform. And if you are going to cry that they have to go back to the old logo to pay tribute to Tradition, they better use the current uniforms to cause like it or not, its part of the Sabres Tradition just as much as the Blue and Gold.

I think its time the "traditionalists" move on and realise that they won't go back to the old logo. Its time to move on, cause if you really want to go back, why stop with the uniform, we can go back to play in the Aud with the French Connection, and Patty and Mogilny (I hear Pats now looking for a job) maybe Fuhr will play in net.

I have no problem with them going back to a similar logo as the original, but it has to be updated, and not an exact replica of the original. And it should also incorporate the current logo due to it also being a part of tradition

It's just bush-league to me ... yeah most of the teams I mentioned, although not all, were original 6 ... so what ... the Sabres were original 12, that's a lot longer than the rest of the league.

But year, you are right, there have been some good times in the current colors and jerseys. So keep them and use the old-one as an alternate. at least you have not pissed off your entire fan base.

Basically, I went to bat for the old one because at least it is something tangible in the blue and gold that worked and many fans identify with. Right now, here is the list of things posted that people think the logo should have (off the top of my head):

1. Blue and gold ... but not necessarily the old blue and gold exactly .. so we're pretty vague here. maybe throw in some black and silver to give a nod to the more recent jerseys

2. Sabres ... we seem to agree on this, but some have them pointing up, some down, some just have one ... again, not sure what we really want here

3. A buffalo to identify with the city ... it has to have legs and be kind of charging ... some say right, some say left

4. incorporate the goathead logo somehow on patches or something because that is tradition now too

After reading all that, if I was the Sabres I would throw up my hands and stick with the ugly slug thing too because all that it is so vague and disjointed there is no way to figure out what we really want. No way to keep everyone happy. So again, I pointed back to the old one because it has all of the first 3 elements and can easily add #4 and people already immediately think "Buffalo Sabres" when they see it. Even here in Nashville when I wear that jersey people know it and they didn't get a team until years after they scrapped it. I'm not saying it is perfect (OK maybe I am ;) ) but I'm saying given how this whole thing has turned into such a mess it is a reasonable compromise.

Guys, we really need to stop with the 97,000 "proposed" designs ... making our voice heard that we hate the slug is one thing, but they are just going to look at all these others, including Slabyk's, as amatuers trying to tell them how to do their job.

The guy wants to photochop some jerseys, so let him photochop some jerseys. He's not bidding for the logo contract for a professional team.

Did you really think that Larry Quinn is reading this thread, saying to himself, "Jim Liberatore, that son of a bitch! How dare he photochop some shiz up on the internet to tell me how to do my job! I'll show those fockers by unveiling the worst logo in sports history!" ?

Besides, I'd bet a Buffalo fan could design a better logo than some schmo company in Georgia. I'd like to see those logos.

The guy wants to photochop some jerseys, so let him photochop some jerseys. He's not bidding for the logo contract for a professional team.

Did you really think that Larry Quinn is reading this thread, saying to himself, "Jim Liberatore, that son of a bitch! How dare he photochop some shiz up on the internet to tell me how to do my job! I'll show those fockers by unveiling the worst logo in sports history!" ?

Besides, I'd bet a Buffalo fan could design a better logo than some schmo company in Georgia. I'd like to see those logos.

My point was that the idea of a petition like the one that is going is to show everyone is united and in agreement and there is so much being bandied about on this board it really doesn't look that way. Sorry if that was taken as me coming down on one particular design. They are ALL better than the slug.

My point was that the original logo is head and shoulders better than the butter-knife or slug logos. Do you agree? I also like the goat head, but the B with the sword is uninspired. So the last 3 of 4 logos designed by the team pretty much suck.

So after seeing the organization's inept logo attempts, do you really trust them to 'update' the logo? Take the original logo, put it on a modern jersey with the goat-head on the shoulders. Adjust the shades of blue and gold a bit, maybe add silver, and let's be done with it.

No mullet slug and no exact traditional logo. My preference:

<==Let's go in a different direction and tweak the traditional, as shown in my avatar.

As for the shade of blue and gold? Tweak your freakin' monitors to the shade you prefer :P

Archived