Arniel's Replacement?

BamBam

Knowing the Sabres "in House" way of doing things I look for it to be one of the following:

1. James Patrick

2. Grant Ledyard

3. Mike Foligno

And a darkhorse to throw in....

Since we lost our "Power Play Coach" can't think of anyone better to fit the bill then good ol' number 25! Dandy Dave Andreychuk!

My people are telling me that James Patrick will be the next assistant coach.

Sabres will want him to mentor the young d-men like Paetsch and Janik just like Patrick did to McKee, Tallinder and Kalinin when he played for the team.

I have no problem with that. Patrick always was a heady player, and if he can get through to Kalinin, help him put it all together, this could be a very solid d-corps.

BTW - nice avatar, PTS... :)

the D&C is reporting that cunneyworth may be a candidate. That would be solid, but then you're taking a hit at the AHL level. With the way this team ended up, there almost has to be a zero level of transition between the amerks and sabres. Putting cunneyworth in buffalo would be a mistake in my estimation. It would definitely help the sabres, but it may hurt the amerks, which would hurt the sabres if lydman happens to fall on an ax, campbell cuts his finger off while slicing an onion, numminen injures his eye while shaving his unibrow, and kalinin trips on his loafers again during the finals.

Knowing the Sabres "in House" way of doing things I look for it to be one of the following:

1. James Patrick

2. Grant Ledyard

3. Mike Foligno

And a darkhorse to throw in....

Since we lost our "Power Play Coach" can't think of anyone better to fit the bill then good ol' number 25! Dandy Dave Andreychuk!

One would argue Ray Sheppard be a better fit than Andreychuk. Though of the candidates you listed I'd go with Foligno even though I think Patrick could be a better coach I just don't see it as a "Power play coach".

Archived