Aaron Ward to Rangers

Ogie Oglethorpe

Ward...2 years 5.5 million.

Really? What are all these teams going to do when the Cap drops after next season. Teams are acting like revenues are gong to sky rocket every year like they did this season? You would think they would be smart enough to know it would level off. Again these are the same people who think McKee is worth $4 million a year.

Really? What are all these teams going to do when the Cap drops after next season. Teams are acting like revenues are gong to sky rocket every year like they did this season? You would think they would be smart enough to know it would level off. Again these are the same people who think McKee is worth $4 million a year.

Why do you think the cap is going to go down? Is is somehow tied to league revenues?

Why do you think the cap is going to go down? Is is somehow tied to league revenues?

Yes, as a matter of fact, it is.

It's going up significantly this year because no one knew what effect the lockout would have on revenues. I read somewhere back in the spring that league revenues were considerably above their forecast.

I would expect the cap to go up next year, but marginally so -- certainly not as much as it's going up this year.

...and Cullen

Indeed. And of course Ottawa has lost Chara and Dominik. The Devils kept Elias and Langenbrunner. Did they lose anyone?

The biggest moves in the East have been made by the doormats -- Boston, Islanders, etc. The teams we were slugging it out with last year have lost more than we have.

I think we're seeing now in the NHL what we see every year in the NFL -- the best teams lose a lot of UFAs b/c the other teams are trying to buy (at an inflated price) a piece of the success.

Let's not push the panic button just yet.

Archived