Will Sabres unveil new uniforms at Draft?

Wild Jay

We're only 9 days away from the draft and I'm a little curious if the Sabres might unveil the new uniforms before or on draft day. I haven't heard anything at all about it, not even rumors. It would make sense to show them off to the fans and national press on draft day. That being said maybe they'll wait and make a separate event out of it later in the summer to create a buzz during a otherwise relatively slow time in the hockey world. I think the Ducks are set to unveil their new uniforms and colors before or on the draft. Here come the orange & black Anaheim Ducks!

I think the Ducks are set to unveil their new uniforms and colors before or on the draft. Here come the orange & black Anaheim Ducks!

are they really going to be orange and black like the old Canucks?

Yup. Orange and black. Don't know how they picked those colors. Maybe the orange is supposed to go along with Orange County. Just sounds ugly already though.

Maybe they'll be modeled on the Buffalo Braves uni's. I never really watch the NBA but I was shocked this past year when I saw a photo of the Clippers playing in an throw back the clock game wearing our old Braves black/orange!

Maybe they'll be modeled on the Buffalo Braves uni's. I never really watch the NBA but I was shocked this past year when I saw a photo of the Clippers playing in an throw back the clock game wearing our old Braves black/orange!

Yeah, the Clippers have played in the throwback Braves uniforms a few times over the last couple of seasons. They have wore both the orange and the black versions. I still like the white and powder blue era Braves uniforms better myself.

As far as the colors of the new Sabres uniforms, I've heard it will be similar to the St. Louis Rams colors, but who knows maybe they will surprise us all and do something different. I'd like to see more of a deep royal blue myself.

Since there is a big sale at the Sabres store, I would imagine they are not going to unveil the new uniforms until after it is over. I would guess late July/early August.

Well, when I got the email about the big sale I figured that they're trying to get rid of as much red/black snorting goat merchandise as possible. So I figure we'll be seeing the new unii's sooner rather than later.

Well, when I got the email about the big sale I figured that they're trying to get rid of as much red/black snorting goat merchandise as possible. So I figure we'll be seeing the new unii's sooner rather than later.

That was the first thing I thought about the big end-of-season sale - clear out the black & red to make way for the blue & gold...

Please tell me that that isnt their new Uni. That is the ugliest thing that I have ever seen. I pitty them if they have to wear those things.

Naw...that's Canucklehead uni from the late 70's/early 80's.

Shrader, how could you look at that site and miss the Kings roller-hockey third jersey? That's at least as bad as the Ducks one...

http://www.nhluniforms.com/1990s/Images/Kings5.gif

And we can thank the hockey gods for at least one thing - the Blues alternate jersey that never was:

http://www.nhluniforms.com/1990s/Images/BluesNeverWorn.gif

From the site:

"On January 27, 1996, the NHL rolled out its Third Jersey program. Five teams -- the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, Boston Bruins, Los Angeles Kings, Pittsburgh Penguins and Vancouver Canucks -- took to the ice that night wearing distinctively-designed jerseys. As you can see from the image to the left, we can all be glad the St. Louis Blues were not among those introducing third jerseys that season. The jerseys were ready to go, until coach Mike Keenan refused to have his team dress in these monstrosities. (For the record, the image on the front of the jersey was not hand-drawn by yours truly.)"

And another one that was never worn -

http://www.nhluniforms.com/1990s/Images/No...esNeverWorn.gif

"Following the 1995 season, the Quebec Nordiques unveiled new uniforms that were to have been worn during the 1995-96 season. However, they ended up applying for a uniform change too late, so they were going to debut them in the 1996-97 season. As everyone knows by now, before these uniforms saw the light of day, the Nordiques were sold and relocated to Denver, Colorado, becoming the Colorado Avalanche. That proved to be very unfortunate for fans in Quebec City, as the Avalanche would go on to win the Stanley Cup in their first season in Denver."

Looks pretty good, but I think it looks more minor-league than NHL. Still, I think the people of Quebec would have watched the team play in garbage bags if they knew their other option was to lose the team to Denver...

I don't know if there will ever be a uglier uniform in sports than this one. WTF were they thinking/drinking when they approved this design. :lol:

...but then again, their original jerseys(especially the logo) weren't anything to be proud of either.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Van/canucks16-1.jpg

I dunno, I kinda liked the psychedelic Canucks jersey. It was different, and that is very extremely hard to come by in today's overwhelmingly navy blue or red/black NHL. I'm glad the ducks are going to orange and black just so there is something different out there on the ice.

Archived