Just to shoot the breeze...

nfreeman

This year we had a bunch of guys step up and join the regular lineup, either from the Amerks or from healthy scratch status -- Pominville, Roy, Miller, Campbell, etc.

Who's it going to be next year?

My predictions:

1. Pyatt becomes a regular.

2. Novotny goes from mostly with the Amerks to a frequent healthy scratch with the Sabres.

3. Paetsch becomes a regular if we lose McKee and/or Teppo; if we keep both he takes Fitzie's spot as the top defenseman in the press box.

4. Mair becomes a regular.

5. I have no idea who the backup goalie is gonna be but somebody will get promoted into that role since Marty is going to be gone.

Am I missing anyone? Is Drew Stafford regarded as next year's Vanek (and I mean that in a good way, ie a highly talented player who will definitely be in the NHL next year)?

Go Sabres.

I think scott arniel is going to get promoted to a head coaching position outside of the sabres organization... Maybe james patrick fills that roll?

as for the players, pyatt, novotny, janik, and jillson/paesch maybe gets a shot?

This year we had a bunch of guys step up and join the regular lineup, either from the Amerks or from healthy scratch status -- Pominville, Roy, Miller, Campbell, etc.

Who's it going to be next year?

My predictions:

1. Pyatt becomes a regular.

2. Novotny goes from mostly with the Amerks to a frequent healthy scratch with the Sabres.

3. Paetsch becomes a regular if we lose McKee and/or Teppo; if we keep both he takes Fitzie's spot as the top defenseman in the press box.

4. Mair becomes a regular.

5. I have no idea who the backup goalie is gonna be but somebody will get promoted into that role since Marty is going to be gone.

Am I missing anyone? Is Drew Stafford regarded as next year's Vanek (and I mean that in a good way, ie a highly talented player who will definitely be in the NHL next year)?

Go Sabres.

You can only have so many muckers and Pyatt, Novotny and Mair and fit that category. I would keep Mair on the roster over the other two. If you watch him play, his offensive skills are better than expected escpecially in the passing department. I think Stafford, Paille & maybe Thorburn all will be given a chance to surpass the players mentioned above and make the big team by the start of the season or by the half way mark.

You can only have so many muckers and Pyatt, Novotny and Mair and fit that category. I would keep Mair on the roster over the other two. If you watch him play, his offensive skills are better than expected escpecially in the passing department. I think Stafford, Paille & maybe Thorburn all will be given a chance to surpass the players mentioned above and make the big team by the start of the season or by the half way mark.

Mair is my third choice out of the Pyatt, Novotny, Mair group, although I don't dislike him. Pyatt turned it on, and Novotny is inexpensive. Mair is suspension-prone. I agree that having all three is superfluous.

Archived