Sports Network

ncsabre

I was just wondering if anyone in the "know" or heard if anything is in the works for a Western NY sports channel? This would have been a great year if we had a sports channel like Empire.

Speaking of Empire, What has happened to all the host and people that covered the Sabres.

I know where Howard Simon and Josh Mora are.

What about Jim Brinson?

How that good looking chick that used to cove rthe Sabres, I believe her name was Ginger Jefferes.

Just wondering where they all are now theses days.

I was just wondering if anyone in the "know" or heard if anything is in the works for a Western NY sports channel? This would have been a great year if we had a sports channel like Empire.

Speaking of Empire, What has happened to all the host and people that covered the Sabres.

What about Jim Brinson?

How that good looking chick that used to cove rthe Sabres, I believe her name was Ginger Jefferes.

I recall seeing the chick on one of the FSN's (Detroit maybe?).

Supposedly Bob Kushinski is still trying to resurerct an Empire type station but with no luck to date. My guess is that eventually we will be "treated" to a FSN Buffalo which will be better than what we have now but just barely.

I know Brinson got another job, but for the life of me, I can't remember where. (Obviously, it isn't in Buffalo.)

Zig (somehow) also landed a national job (I think w/ XM Radio - I don't have XM, that's why I can't confirm).

Empire and WNSA were the greatest TV and radio stations ever (if you happen to be a pathetic Buffalo sports fan like me). It's a darn shame that when the replacement directors came into the criminals' organization that they didn't allow them to live. I truly doubt that I will ever give Adelphia another penny intentionally simply because of the way they caused the death of both stations needlessly.

I know that Brinson was working the postgame show for the Bills on 97 Rock for most of the season. I'm not sure if he's coming back next year or not.

While I also really missed Empire this year for all their Sabres coverage, I have to admit that the month we waited for Empire to die was horrible. How many times did you flip on the TV and watch that horrible Bisons Championship celebration? UGH!

What about Jim Brinson?

Ginger is now with Channel 7... Ginger bio

I believe Brinson went to Arkansas to do play-by-play or have some involvement with Razorback football and/or basketball.

Bob Koshinski who was the GM now holds some sort of public relations post for the county.

Jason Bristol... bio

A local Buffalo sports channel could carry:

>Sabres games

>Bills highlights

>Bandits games

>UB, Canisius, Niagara, and SU sports

>Local high schools

>Local sports talk

There is plenty to build a 24-hour channel around, in my opinion. Let's hope someone does it. The smartest thing that network could do is make a subscription internet stream available to out-of-towners.

PTR

A local Buffalo sports channel could carry:

>Sabres games

>Bills highlights

>Bandits games

>UB, Canisius, Niagara, and SU sports

>Local high schools

>Local sports talk

There is plenty to build a 24-hour channel around, in my opinion. Let's hope someone does it. The smartest thing that network could do is make a subscription internet stream available to out-of-towners.

PTR

It would be even smarter if it was a Western NY channel. Then you get Rochester minor league sports, Amerks, who would have alot of interest in Buffalo and Rhinos.

It would be even smarter if it was a Western NY channel. Then you get Rochester minor league sports, Amerks, who would have alot of interest in Buffalo and Rhinos.

That's a great call, Briere. It would make much more sense to market such a station from a regional standpoint. Plus, I'm sure the organizations themselves (especially the Bills and Sabres) would love what amounts to free advertising in the Rochester market area.

The tough times for such a station would be the summer months. Even if the Sabres have an incredible season, they wouldn't be playing much past mid-May. Between May and August, when the Bills open up Training Camp, those could be some lean times, especially since colleges are done playing by then as well. If the Sabres weren't in the postseason, high school championships could get you through the end of May, but the network really would have to make sure they had access to Bisons and Red Wings games, which would pull them through until August. Gosh, from September - January it would be crazy.

I recall seeing the chick on one of the FSN's (Detroit maybe?).

Supposedly Bob Kushinski is still trying to resurerct an Empire type station but with no luck to date. My guess is that eventually we will be "treated" to a FSN Buffalo which will be better than what we have now but just barely.

I know Brinson got another job, but for the life of me, I can't remember where. (Obviously, it isn't in Buffalo.)

Zig (somehow) also landed a national job (I think w/ XM Radio - I don't have XM, that's why I can't confirm).

Empire and WNSA were the greatest TV and radio stations ever (if you happen to be a pathetic Buffalo sports fan like me). It's a darn shame that when the replacement directors came into the criminals' organization that they didn't allow them to live. I truly doubt that I will ever give Adelphia another penny intentionally simply because of the way they caused the death of both stations needlessly.

Zig is on Sirius. He sat right behind me at a Sabres game at the swamp.

WNSA was truly my favorite radio station of ALL time. I always thought it could disappear because too few really were loyal listeners. I thought this because I used to win on air contests... a lot. I figured I got through easily because there wasn't much competition. GR is much harder to win things.

Also interesting to see comments on Zig. I thought it was just me that thought he sucked pond water. Nice to know I wasn't alone.

Archived