I am crushed

twolinepass

Just think of it this way...

If Carolina had lost 3 of their top 5 defenseman, we would have been waiting for the Oilers to finish their series...

They didn't even have to lose any, as longs as two of ours were healthy.

With all that skill they supposedly have, I can't say I'm impressed in the slightest. They're gonna have a tough time against The Oilers if this was the best they could do.

Just think of it this way...

If Carolina had lost 3 of their top 5 defenseman, we would have been waiting for the Oilers to finish their series...

And if Brett Hull's skate wasn't in the crease. If Scott Norwood kicked just alittle straighter. If Bob Lanier didn't get run into by Chris Ford before the Final Four. ugh!!!!

They didn't even have to lose any, as longs as two of ours were healthy.

With all that skill they supposedly have, I can't say I'm impressed in the slightest. They're gonna have a tough time against The Oilers if this was the best they could do.

I agree. Hopefully we wore down all their old men in this seven game series and the well rested Oilers take them in 5.

At least you can respect Boston. They have loyal, passionate fans. I just can't see Carolina host the Cup. I can't it will kill me. They can't even sell out a playoff game.

Maybe if the team has the word Sox in it.

My thoughts exactly - they should have blown our AHL defense out of the water, and had to struggle to knock us out.

I hate to admit, because I was hoping and praying for the Sabres to win, but the announcement today that McKee was out w a serious infection just made my heart sink. If we had won, we would have had to try to pull off an even bigger miracle w almost all our best defenseman out. At a certain point you realize you are simply asking for too much. Perhaps losing in the finals would have been more painful?? I always want a shot, but damn you just would have felt bad for the team if they couldn't take it to the Oilers w full force.

I hate to admit, because I was hoping and praying for the Sabres to win, but the announcement today that McKee was out w a serious infection just made my heart sink. If we had won, we would have had to try to pull off an even bigger miracle w almost all our best defenseman out. At a certain point you realize you are simply asking for too much. Perhaps losing in the finals would have been more painful?? I always want a shot, but damn you just would have felt bad for the team if they couldn't take it to the Oilers w full force.

Perhaps, but I always want to still have the chance, even if it means having my heart ripped out of my chest far more painfully.

This was a special team, arguably the best the Sabres have ever iced. They deserved a better fate.

It really seemed like someone or something was out to get them, but at every step the Sabres shook their fist and said "We'll show you!!"

Obviously the final blow was struck when McKee went down... you hear that injuries are a part of the game, but it's almost unthinkable that all the injuries would be to the same positions on the team....I mean how many times have we ever seen that before where 4 defensemen that have hardly played in the NHL are forced into the lineup...

Hopefully we can figure out how to please whoever we PO'd so it doesnt happen again next year...

It really seemed like someone or something was out to get them, but at every step the Sabres shook their fist and said "We'll show you!!"

Obviously the final blow was struck when McKee went down... you hear that injuries are a part of the game, but it's almost unthinkable that all the injuries would be to the same positions on the team....I mean how many times have we ever seen that before where 4 defensemen that have hardly played in the NHL are forced into the lineup...

Hopefully we can figure out how to please whoever we PO'd so it doesnt happen again next year...

Especially when you consider the fact that the Sabres lost 3 d men during this series and the OLN announcers pointed out that Carolina's game 7 lineup was exactly the same one they dressed in game 1.

Especially when you consider the fact that the Sabres lost 3 d men during this series and the OLN announcers pointed out that Carolina's game 7 lineup was exactly the same one they dressed in game 1.

How do you explain the Habs series? I didn't see the injury though.

It is plain to see... The chippy way they hit... Not really blaming them though, but it is cheap. Look a Tallinder's hit... Clean yes, freaky maybe? But, it is a product of their play... They play to hurt, IMO. Even Janik was dinged today. Again, I am not saying they don't play hard, but are borderline clean... When they start getting chippy, they sure take a lot of senseless penalties (even in the attacking/offensive zone!1)... Then they whine and cry when things don't get called their way.

The things that gets me is that a guy like Weight actually expects Pominville to take a boarding!

I really learned to dispise this team after a few games, unlike any other team that brought the hurt to the Sabres in the past.

Something about them that I can't put my finger on about their hitting, unlike other teams.

How do you explain the Habs series? I didn't see the injury though.

It is plain to see... The chippy way they hit... Not really blaming them though, but it is cheap. Look a Tallinder's hit... Clean yes, freaky maybe? But, it is a product of their play... They play to hurt, IMO. Even Janik was dinged today. Again, I am not saying they don't play hard, but are borderline clean... When they start getting chippy, they sure take a lot of senseless penalties (even in the attacking/offensive zone!1)... Then they whine and cry when things don't get called their way.

The things that gets me is that a guy like Weight actually expects Pominville to take a boarding!

I really learned to dispise this team after a few games, unlike any other team that brought the hurt to the Sabres in the past.

Something about them that I can't put my finger on about their hitting, unlike other teams.

I think that I am the only person who cared enough about the Whalers, but I hated them. They were dirty hacks when they played there and haven't changed a bit with their change of scenery.

Canadiens series was a high stick to the head that the refs somehow missed. The thing is, had they called it, it still kept Koivu out of the rest of the series. The fact they missed Williams' high stick just makes it all the more disgusting.

Archived