My Sabre Game 7 Memories

bob_sauve28

Boston in 1983 when Brad Park blasted a shot by me. I was stunned!

Then it took ten years for the Sabres to get back to a game 7 in New Jersey after Dave Hannan ended the longest game in Sabre's history. The play I remember from that game 7 was Claude Lemieux deeking past Smehlik and then beating Hasek. He screamed his head off after he scored.

That Ottawa series was the most boring hockey I have ever watched, and I don't want to talk about it

Pittsburgh was a heart breaker. That Penguins team sort of reminds me of the Sabres this year, though. Didn't they win the final two games?

Boston in 1983 when Brad Park blasted a shot by me. I was stunned!

Then it took ten years for the Sabres to get back to a game 7 in New Jersey after Dave Hannan ended the longest game in Sabre's history. The play I remember from that game 7 was Claude Lemieux deeking past Smehlik and then beating Hasek. He screamed his head off after he scored.

That Ottawa series was the most boring hockey I have ever watched, and I don't want to talk about it

Pittsburgh was a heart breaker. That Penguins team sort of reminds me of the Sabres this year, though. Didn't they win the final two games?

My memory is failing me...which game was it where Housley cowered as a shot came in from the point instead of growing a set of balls and doing everything he could do to block it?? :angry: :angry: I'm pretty sure it was a series winning goal. C'mon oldtimers, help me out.

My memory is failing me...which game was it where Housley cowered as a shot came in from the point instead of growing a set of balls and doing everything he could do to block it?? :angry: :angry: I'm pretty sure it was a series winning goal. C'mon oldtimers, help me out.

Is that the one that went right by Mike Ramsey's head? If so, he's lucky it didn't hit him. It would've killed him instantly.

Is that the one that went right by Mike Ramsey's head? If so, he's lucky it didn't hit him. It would've killed him instantly.

I think it was Andrea Savard who was standing in front, but as I remember--and my memory is faulty--there were two other Sabres standing pretty close, too. Housley I think had a really good game 6 to get us there.

It wouldn't surprise me if it occurred in '90 vs. Montreal as Housley spent most of that series passing the puck up to Richer and then playing matador as Richer skated past him. Ole! :doh:

It wouldn't surprise me if it occurred in '90 vs. Montreal as Housley spent most of that series passing the puck up to Richer and then playing matador as Richer skated past him. Ole! :doh:

Richer rings a bell. I never liked Housley after the incident in question.

Archived