GAME THREAD

Corp000085

Kotalik on the PP point may be the best move this team makes this season. He could be as effective as when Miro played the point. He has good control of his shot and is not afraid to use.

Drury was 16-3 on face offs. I big jump from the 14-14 last time out. I'm not sure that I like him being another Brent Peterson. He needs to bring more then face off wins.

The Sabres are following a tried and true method of success. Win your games at home and split on the road. It's up to the fans now to make the HSBC a unpleasent place to play.

i did not see the play, but in GENERAL, i say good call. i realize you go down sometimes to draw penalties, but some players take it way too far.

to me, when hockey players start looking like friggin soccer players, it is time to tighten up on the dives! :P

I hate when guys dive, but on that play I dont think he did it on purpose ... it should have been a non-call ... the guys stick didn't cause him to fall, but he didn't dive either ... he did that cartoon character thing he does where his feet get going too fast for his body and he tripped over his own feet ... he got right up and went after the puck, if he had laid on his belly and looked for a call I would have called it a dive ... but whatever, no harm done ...

Nice win by Sabres. Yet, by no means did we dominate the entire game as the Buffalo News and some of the quotes seem to suggest. There were times when the Sabres were dominated in our own zone.

It is a sign of good team, however, when you can win a game like that. You have to love the results that this team is getting so far.

This has been a very enjoyable season. I just hope that we can start filling up HSBC on a consistent basis.

Nice win by Sabres. Yet, by no means did the dominate the entire game as the Buffalo News and some of the quotes seem to suggest. There were times when the Sabres were dominated in our own zone.

It is a sign of good team, however, when you can win a game like that. You have to love the results that this team is getting so far.

This has been a very enjoyable season. I just hope that we can start filling up HSBC on a consistent basis.

They keep winning they'll fill HSBC. No one circles the bandwagon like a Buffalo fan.

Yeah, Buffalo is the only city in the country where attendance is better when the team is winning than it is when it is losing . :blink:

Give it a rest. Fans EVERYWHERE are ALWAYS more willing to spend money on a better team, and it is always more obvious in a small market. If you really want to join the conversation, register and do it. Don't take pot shots as a guest.

I hate when guys dive, but on that play I dont think he did it on purpose ... it should have been a non-call ... the guys stick didn't cause him to fall, but he didn't dive either ... he did that cartoon character thing he does where his feet get going too fast for his body and he tripped over his own feet ... he got right up and went after the puck, if he had laid on his belly and looked for a call I would have called it a dive ... but whatever, no harm done ...

He was trying to pull off a fancy move and lost balance when the Ranger's stick hit his leg. Neither team deserved a call on that one.

I have a question. Was at the game and was not certain what exactly the call was on the Rangers in the 1st. I know they called it delay of game, but was it because the Rangers were slow to the faceoff circle or something else?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Also, to all the Pyatt haters out there, he finally had the game you've been claiming he's had the 1st few games.

Yeah, Buffalo is the only city in the country where attendance is better when the team is winning than it is when it is losing . :blink:

Give it a rest. Fans EVERYWHERE are ALWAYS more willing to spend money on a better team, and it is always more obvious in a small market. If you really want to join the conversation, register and do it. Don't take pot shots as a guest.

Don't worry ... if the Sabres keep winning this board will get busy and the mods will whine to Scott until he caves on guest posting. Scott disappoints me.

Kinda curious how no one jumped up and down yesterday when the Rangers were jobbed by the officials. Can you imagine how many posts about small market conspiracies there would be if the roles were reversed.

No one circles the bandwagon like a Buffalo fan.

Don't worry ... if the Sabres keep winning this board will get busy and the mods will whine to Scott until he caves on guest posting.  Scott disappoints me.

Kinda curious how no one jumped up and down yesterday when the Rangers were jobbed by the officials.  Can you imagine how many posts about small market conspiracies there would be if the roles were reversed.

No one circles the bandwagon like a Buffalo fan.

Rangers weren't jobbed. Quick whistles are a fact of life. The Sabres will be on the short end of more than one of those before the season is over.

If you really want to join the conversation, register and do it. Don't take pot shots as a guest.

Thanks BtP!

Scott disappoints me.

Since Scott owes you nothing whatsoever, I'd say that is your own problem.

As for guest posts, if they are degrade the quality of the conversation, they will be discontinued. FYI- you haven't enhanced it much... <_<