Sabres are Divers

inkman

I know our dimunative team has a deserved reputation as divers but WTF was he talking about? Last night's game didn't include any dives on anyones part to my knowledge. Is this just him buttering up the officials to benefit his club when they come up here? If so, maybe Lindy should go on record stating that raking a stick across a players face, ripping off said players helmet and knocking him to the ice is a penalty. :angry:

I know our dimunative team has a deserved reputation as divers but WTF was he talking about? Last night's game didn't include any dives on anyones part to my knowledge. Is this just him buttering up the officials to benefit his club when they come up here? If so, maybe Lindy should go on record stating that raking a stick across a players face, ripping off said players helmet and knocking him to the ice is a penalty. :angry:

The problem with this little mindgame is that Lindy seems to get the league on his bad side every time he opens his mouth on officiating, while morons like Boynton apparently have the leagues ear.

Remember when he bitched about The Sabres diving earlier in the season, and the next month we basically got none of the marginal calls?

Coincidence? Maybe, but still annoying as hell.

Olczyk actually called out the Canes for diving themselves on the postgame show. I think Roy did embellish a bit on the trip that was called on him. All teams dive, but I think that is one of the hardest penalties to call (and the refs were having a pard time making the ones they should have last night).

Not to excuse the officials, cause they were horribly inconsistent, but we took some dumb & lazy penalties...

That penalty on Hecht was killer. The Hurricanes were mounting a fierce offensive on our zone, and it was all we could do to survive that pressure, and then Hecht takes the penalty on Stillman that allows the very easy and quick PP goal. That one really hurt. You got the feeling that IF we could have survived that run by Carolina, we could have possibly re-grouped.

That Hecht penalty was pure . Especially when you consider just 5 seconds before that Briere got hauled at center ice while he was breaking thru for a shot at a breakaway.

That Hecht penalty was pure . Especially when you consider just 5 seconds before that Briere got hauled at center ice while he was breaking thru for a shot at a breakaway.

The penalty was weak and I thought that Stillman deserved a 9.5 (he didn't nail the entry, so it wasn't perfect), BUT it WAS interference. It was STUPID for Jochen to try and knock him in over the line before the puck went in.

The fact that Briere (who has a reputation for diving unfortunately) was the guy that went to the ice, probably had a role in the call not coming for the Sabres. Did the ref blow the Briere call? Yes. Does that excuse Jochen for doing something mind numbingly stupid? No.

I had truly hoped Stillman would get the gate with Jochen, but it wasn't meant to be, and it definitely continued the tone set earlier in the period when Kotalik didn't look behind him to see the puck sitting inside the blueline.

Laviolette is an idiot. I saw his post-game press conference. I don't know if that's his way of lobbying for a few free calls or if he's just stupid. I hate this diving thing. If a Sabre goes down, it's usually because there was a penalty, but they've seen so many not get called, what choice do they have but to make sure the ref notices?

I saw Sabres getting mugged and shoved, punched and sticked so many times after whistles, especially in front of the Carolina net. That's the old NHL. It wasn't a case of a Sabre running a goalie, just a guy standing there. I saw the Hurricanes whack at Miller a few times when he had the puck frozen.

Carolina took one game to turn into Flyers BS hockey. They are trying to intimidate the Sabres at every chance. They are trying to get away with as much 'after the whistle' face-washing, punching and slashing as possible.

What was Laviolette complaining about? I saw the refs totally allow that style of play yesterday.

It was garbage and I hope the Sabres fight back with a fiercer attack next game. They were down-right lousy yesterday. You walk away from a beat-down like that wondering how on earth do the Sabres beat the Hurricanes.

The penalty was weak and I thought that Stillman deserved a 9.5 (he didn't nail the entry, so it wasn't perfect), BUT it WAS interference. It was STUPID for Jochen to try and knock him in over the line before the puck went in.

It was a weak penalty, but it was the right call, and it was an un-necessary play by Hecht, and that penalty led to the PP where they went up 2-1. At that point in the game, you still felt like we might be able to weather another attack, and possibly come back, but that PP made it impossible to hold out.

When is the NHL going to address the dirty tactics of the Hurricanes? It shouldn't be up to the teams to point these things out. I still see the Canes interfering, hooking & holding, yet it's not addressed. The most ironic thing is that Laviolette is pointing the fingers at everyone else. Must be the small man complex. After all, he can't compete with the head coaching experience of Ruff.

In the second round, McGeough angrily motioned that he wasn't going to call a penalty on a pleading Brind'amour after he fell down. As with everything else, the team followed their captain because they've continued to do these things into round three. Stillman acts like he gets a career ending injury but is scoring in the next few seconds on the power play he just solicited. Nice recovery. I thought these guys were playing for a cup, not the Academy Award.

When is the NHL going to address the dirty tactics of the Hurricanes? It shouldn't be up to the teams to point these things out. I still see the Canes interfering, hooking & holding, yet it's not addressed. The most ironic thing is that Laviolette is pointing the fingers at everyone else. Must be the small man complex. After all, he can't compete with the head coaching experience of Ruff.

In the second round, McGeough angrily motioned that he wasn't going to call a penalty on a pleading Brind'amour after he fell down. As with everything else, the team followed their captain because they've continued to do these things into round three. Stillman acts like he gets a career ending injury but is scoring in the next few seconds on the power play he just solicited. Nice recovery. I thought these guys were playing for a cup, not the Academy Award.

Yeah, notice the incident where Briere ran into a Carolina d-man and they tripped each other up? Can't remember who it was, but he was practically crawling to the bench, but back out there the next shift.

Nice indeed.

Archived