The arrogance

zevo

I have listened to so much #%^$#! talk yesterday and today about how we are going to cruise to the cup and win it all, most notably the WGR crew. this series is a dog fight and by no means will it be easy. Hopefully this was a reality check for the fans and the team. Go Sabres!!

Most notably, the team. I think they played like the knew they didn't really need to win it because they've already got home ice. What they really need, is to play like their hair is on fire. We'll know very soon, as in the first period Wednesday, if our dream of a Cup is reality or not.

I have listened to so much #%^$#! talk yesterday and today about how we are going to cruise to the cup and win it all, most notably the WGR crew. this series is a dog fight and by no means will it be easy. Hopefully this was a reality check for the fans and the team. Go Sabres!!

With you 100%, I can't stand it when people get so far ahead of themselves. It was 1-0 in a 7 game series, for #%^$#!'s sakes!!

I'll try not to be so optimistic next game. I hope the folks at 'GR follow. Obviously, Simon & Riter played poorly tonight.

Lighten up. Nothing we do from home has an effect on the game.

I agree!! Save the celebrating for the Stanley Cup parade!!

I'll try not to be so optimistic next game. I hope the folks at 'GR follow. Obviously, Simon & Riter played poorly tonight.

Lighten up. Nothing we do from home has an effect on the game.

Don't let the hockey gods hear you :D

And point taken, it's just that I'm unbelievably superstitious with these things, hehe.

I agree!! Save the celebrating for the Stanley Cup parade!!

I couldn't agree more... We will find out in game 3.

Buffalo came out strong then played back on their heels most of the game... When they started to get skating... They came back...

No biggie... I am not worried, even if they have a tire blow-out in more games or possibly the series... And I am not resigning myself to defeat, I still think they will put the hurting on the 'Canes and win the series.

Let some of the guys comeback and go from there... And hope the arrogance factor falls back on the 'Canes.

Big games will be 3 and 5... And of course 7, if it goes that far (either way).

These are two evenly matched teams... Buffalo can't possibly stay "high motor"... every other night.

You just gotta believe in these guys... They score at will when desparation sets in... It is just they fell short today... and got desparate too late...

IMO of course.

Be as optimistic as you want, but boasting over the airwaves that no team could be "this" team 4 times in a 7 game series is just plain assnine. Nothing wrong with liking your teams chances, but I'm always a little fearful of the hockey gods. Keep your proclamations to yourself, cross your fingers and hope for the best. We don't want to be confused for Yankee fans. ;)

Be as optimistic as you want, but boasting over the airwaves that no team could be "this" team 4 times in a 7 game series is just plain assnine. Nothing wrong with liking your teams chances, but I'm always a little fearful of the hockey gods. Keep your proclamations to yourself, cross your fingers and hope for the best. We don't want to be confused for Yankee fans. ;)

I'll try to remember this advice. Next time I'm on the radio, I'll do what I can to avoid saying what I believe. So if I'm thinking "I can't picture a team that has lost 4 times since April 1 losing 4 of its next 6 games... obviously it could happen, but I can't see it" instead I'll say "I hope for the best."

I apologize for the game last night and I promise to skate better tomorrow night.

(By the way, I can't picture a team that has lost 5 times since April 1 losing 3 of its next 5.)

I'll try to remember this advice. Next time I'm on the radio, I'll do what I can to avoid saying what I believe. So if I'm thinking "I can't picture a team that has lost 4 times since April 1 losing 4 of its next 6 games... obviously it could happen, but I can't see it" instead I'll say "I hope for the best."

I apologize for the game last night and I promise to skate better tomorrow night.

(By the way, I can't picture a team that has lost 5 times since April 1 losing 3 of its next 5.)

You'd better skate better tomorrow. You left poor Rory out on an island, an island I tell you. :blink:

Oh, that wasn't you? <_<

Well, nevermind. :lol:

Well, you'd better talk better on the radio tomorrow morning, we need to turn this thing around. :P

Archived