El Crusho needs a job...

elcrusho

So last week Tuesday, Adelphia figures out a way to get rid of half of the chat department...

I am now in the search process of finding another job...

I was a Chat Technical Support Rep. for Adelphia for 2.5 years and worked for the company for 5 years, I did technical support via chat, not the phones, so I chatted with 3 people at once...

If anyone can help me with my search process, please feel free to PM me...

So last week Tuesday, Adelphia figures out a way to get rid of half of the chat department...

I am now in the search process of finding another job...

I was a Chat Technical Support Rep. for Adelphia for 2.5 years and worked for the company for 5 years, I did technical support via chat, not the phones, so I chatted with 3 people at once...

If anyone can help me with my search process, please feel free to PM me...

oh man... that sucks.

do you have enough savings to get by for any length of time?

I have no idea what you make or what your skills are, but here is one:

http://280.careersite.com/candidate/proces...h&resume-title=

thanks sds, I already applied for that... :)

I do not know oracle and my php knowledge is not that vast...

I should get unemploment which should keep me afloat but I don't want unemployment

I am hoping to get a job sooner, I just set up a job interview for monday so we will see

:)

I should get unemploment which should keep me afloat but I don't want unemployment

I am hoping to get a job sooner, I just set up a job interview for monday so we will see

Bring the Cup and the MSG footage.

Geico?

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats. My first job I had to move 3200 miles. And then the next one was 400 miles. At least you found something local :P. And you weren't unemployed for too long. That's also kewl. Way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reminded of a story in the News a while back about how the economy in Western New York is not nearly as bad as most people make it out to be. I wouldn't know, but it's kind of the same story in this region of PA. Most everyone is down on this area, claim there are no jobs to be had, and we're experiencing the same population loss and resulting problems as WNY. But there are opportunities. Health care is a tremendous career to get into and should be for the long term. Here, the energy sector is almost booming again -- and the oil and gas companies are begging for workers as their older work force starts to retire. Some small businesses, the engine of the economy, are doing very well. You wonder why folks, especially kids, want to leave the Rust Belt, despite most saying they don't want to do it. Is it the economy, stupid, or the mood in general? Are we talking these people right out of the area with our doom and gloom?

I'm reminded of a story in the News a while back about how the economy in Western New York is not nearly as bad as most people make it out to be. I wouldn't know, but it's kind of the same story in this region of PA. Most everyone is down on this area, claim there are no jobs to be had, and we're experiencing the same population loss and resulting problems as WNY. But there are opportunities. Health care is a tremendous career to get into and should be for the long term. Here, the energy sector is almost booming again -- and the oil and gas companies are begging for workers as their older work force starts to retire. Some small businesses, the engine of the economy, are doing very well. You wonder why folks, especially kids, want to leave the Rust Belt, despite most saying they don't want to do it. Is it the economy, stupid, or the mood in general? Are we talking these people right out of the area with our doom and gloom?

I think its definitely the mood. Some kids coming out of college don't even look in Buffalo and bolt elsewhere. Personally, I've been gone for three years and I hate being out of WNY. My family and friends are there... and really everything I care about is there. That area needs to wake up and realize it has great location, great weather (look, theres no place better than being in WNY in summer and fall), history, and people. Plus, the food and nightlife kick ass and theres professional sports and the like. Most importantly theres LAKE ERIE and Niagara Falls. WHY doesn't Buffalo/Niagara capitalize on this. Look across the border at Niagara Falls, Ont!! Hello?

But, as per usual with NYS, its the politics that get in the way. Until that changes (the Pataki, Silver, Joe Bruno triumverate of stupidity) we're #%^$#!ed upstate. Hopefully Spitzer can come through.

I think its definitely the mood. Some kids coming out of college don't even look in Buffalo and bolt elsewhere. Personally, I've been gone for three years and I hate being out of WNY. My family and friends are there... and really everything I care about is there. That area needs to wake up and realize it has great location, great weather (look, theres no place better than being in WNY in summer and fall), history, and people. Plus, the food and nightlife kick ass and theres professional sports and the like. Most importantly theres LAKE ERIE and Niagara Falls. WHY doesn't Buffalo/Niagara capitalize on this. Look across the border at Niagara Falls, Ont!! Hello?

But, as per usual with NYS, its the politics that get in the way. Until that changes (the Pataki, Silver, Joe Bruno triumverate of stupidity) we're #%^$#!ed upstate. Hopefully Spitzer can come through.

Considering the only thing I've heard Spitzer say he's going to do is to increase the # of state employees, I don't see any reason to think he will.

Archived