GAME THREAD

Corp000085

Come on sabres... play a good road game and win just one for the zipper.

After all, if you can't win one for George Zip, then you certainly can't win one for yourselves!

Again, keep the chat clean... i might have center ice by about the 3rd period if i'm willing to give up the $$ for it tonight, so i will chime in later. Radio links are at nhl.com

Once again, the special teams hurts us with a 2-man advantage in OT, and we can't score. We go to a shootout, and I just don't know how much I trust Miller. He has had a good game with some clutch saves, but I just don't know. Still 1 point on the road against the Stanley Cup Champs is not bad.

Briere - BANG!

AND MILLER STONES ST. LOUIS!!!!

Connolly - loses control of the puck - MISS!

AND RICHARDS LOSES CONTROL OF THE PUCK!!!!!

VANEK - BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SABRES WIN!!!!!!!

So, Vanek dribbles the puck through for his first goal (sort of). Awesome timing. Great come from behind win on the road against the Champs. Maybe this team is for real. 4-1!

That was not a strong performance in any facet of the game, but any time you can get 2 points on the road against the Stanley Cup champs, you take them. Hell, I would have taken the 1 point under the old rules and run before they changed their minds. But they kept coming and gave themselves a chance to get lucky, and they did. Gotta play better in Florida.

Once again, the special teams hurts us with a 2-man advantage in OT, and we can't score. We go to a shootout, and I just don't know how much I trust Miller. He has had a good game with some clutch saves, but I just don't know. Still 1 point on the road against the Stanley Cup Champs is not bad.

...Sorry man...we won.

PTR

You didn't think Miller played well? To my eyes, he saved more than one Sabres' arse with strong goaltending.

Absolutely right--Miller won that game. Another "facet" worth mentioning: discipline. Two penalties--one for too many men (yet again)--was good in the "old" NHL; in the "new" NHL, it's nearly impossible. Sometimes the way to win is to not make mistakes, and the Sabres did that tonight.

Miller played good. Awesome in the Shootout. I thought TB's third goal was BS! It was definitely a penalty on BUF for holding, but man, what about interference with the goalie (Miller). He bowled him over. I was disappointed with our PP. Man, 5 on 3 and we could only manage 1 shot??? Terrible. Needs work BIG TIME. BUT... yeah 2 pts! We'll take it. :D

Miller played good. Awesome in the Shootout. I thought TB's third goal was BS! It was definitely a penalty on BUF for holding, but man, what about interference with the goalie (Miller). He bowled him over. I was disappointed with our PP. Man, 5 on 3 and we could only manage 1 shot??? Terrible. Needs work BIG TIME. BUT... yeah 2 pts! We'll take it. :D

The fact that the PP needs work, and they're still finding ways to win, is a huge positive if you ask me.

Not that I enjoy watching them wasting all their 5-3 opportunities, but just imagine what'll happen if they get it together :-)

You didn't think Miller played well? To my eyes, he saved more than one Sabres' arse with strong goaltending.

I stand corrected ... more of an oversight, I was kind of talking as a whole ... Miller made some huge saves. he seemed a bit shaky at first and he could have played the first goal better, but like I said be made up for it with some big ones in the third period.