What a great interview with Matt Barnaby on the Clearing the Crease podcast with Mike Comrie.

Claude Balls

8 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Mike Comrie ?????

Former Mr. Hillary Duff, Half-brother of a Eric, heir to a fortune and a perfect example that talent without drive doesn’t amount to much.

Barnaby is poster child for the “men with some money can get away with anything” crowd.

Ill find my way out, thank you.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I read his biography. "Matthew Barnaby: Unfiltered". Good read, I enjoyed it. He absolutely loved Ted Nolan and would run thru a wall for him. He despised Dominik Hasek due to his selfishness, as did Rob Ray (Ray said so in his book: "Rayzors Edge"). Anyway, Barnaby has his demons, and its not pretty, but his time in the Goathead was unforgettable and I loved his passion for the team. That '99 Cup was ours gdammit!! 

• Agree 1

Had a listen to the Hasek part. Honestly, he sounds like a blowhard. I thought his on ice antics were cool back in the day and thought it was just his game personality but clearly he’s just the same off the ice.

When I lived in Vancouver we went to the Roxy a lot and that is where most teams went for drinks (the Roxy hangover was a real thing) and I was speaking to Todd Harvey (a major on ice POS) and we were talking hockey. Asked who I cheered for, said Sabres. I asked him about Barnaby and he couldn’t have been more clear in his thoughts on him. Said he was complete dbag, was a chicken 💩 and so on. I countered with isn’t that his game and he said nobody liked the guy. Take it for what is worth.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.