Should the Sabres just start winning and stop losing?

SwampD

26 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

I think they just cannot win.  Ineptness breeds ineptness

I was listening to a Bruins podcast in the background today and they were in part discussing their win over the Sabres. The guys said (paraphrasing) "I don't know what's going on over there. There's a ton of talent but they have absolutely no structure at all. They play defense about as good as my beer league." and the other guy says "Levi looks like a promising goalie but he's really young and not ready and his D just stands there and does nothing."

Make of that whatever you want but I'd say that's an assessment/observation from outside the bubble. 

Thing is, this never changes and they keep promoting a nonsensical run and gun philosophy and thus we see the perennial results no matter who the players are. 

Eichel's a solid 2 way player in Vegas. Reinhart is playing like a team MVP. Risto plays solid shut down defense (most of the time). They were the problem right? They were the guys that had to go so we could get all these "prospects". It's all so damn obvious, but Pegula is stuck on what he wants and he's killing the thing he's supposed to love. 

Edited by PerreaultForever

Yay Pegula. 

Hell, I'll take an owner that gets a rub and tug or is a straight up sociopath if it ensures they put a winning team on the ice. 

All these billionaire owners are all $hit heads in their own way, some just get caught. 

Enough is enough, commit to the team and the fans or move along.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yay Pegula. 

Hell, I'll take an owner that gets a rub and tug or is a straight up sociopath if it ensures they put a winning team on the ice. 

All these billionaire owners are all $hit heads in their own way, some just get caught. 

Enough is enough, commit to the team and the fans or move along.

We had a sociopath for an owner.  That didn’t work either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.