Who plays if Tim is out?

mrjsbu96

It is likely that Connolly is out tonight, right? I guess that Mair is a long shot, but if he is confident and physically cleared I would love to see Mair in the lineup. I love the way we are playing but I thought we got a little intimidated the other night and we could use a guy like him back in the lineup.

I know a lot of guys are hoping for Novotny, but I think if Mair is not the guy, then Vanek deserves another chance. Novotny will get his turn soon enough, and as frustrating as Vanek can be, I think he has 'earned' a chance to play in this game.

Interesting post regarding Mair. I would love to see the guy back in the lineup as well, but it sounds like doctors are what's stopping Mair from playing right now (according to Paul Hamilton yesterday).

I think Vanek's back in tonight, and I think he plays well. If we've lost Connolly, then we need someone who can play on the PP, and Vanek can do that. Thomas proved to be a streaky scorer and I think he's due. If he plays tonight, I think we see a different type of Vanek...he'll be hustling, working hard and I think it'll pay off.

Finally, for all of those who will ask for Novotny...if part of Vanek's problem is that he's felt a little uncomfortable with his role, and a little overwhelmed as well, why would another rookie, with even less NHL production and experience do any better?

AP is reporting that Timmy and Kalinin are both out and that Novotny is "likely" to get Timmy's spot.

I'm OK with the move -- we all would like to see Vanek step up and contribute, but he hasn't done anything in the playoffs so far. Novotny looked decent when he played during the regular season, so it's reasonable to give him a shot.

I'm also worried about losing Kalinin -- AP says he's "week to week", meaning his injury is more serious. That's a bummer as he was really starting to play well.

Best case is we finish off the Sens quickly and give the wounded time to heal up before moving on. (How awesome would that be?)

With those 2 significant losses from the lineup, it's gut check time tonight for the boys. I think we can hack it but it won't be easy --unless Emery has a complete meltdown, which is always possible.

Go Sabres.

I flat out cannot believe the amount of injuries we've had this season.

For a young team, these guys certainly don't seem very durable?

Is the Buffalo coaching staff plucking out players less injured than other teams would? I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just cannot help but worry about all these injuries.

AP is reporting that Timmy and Kalinin are both out and that Novotny is "likely" to get Timmy's spot.

I'm OK with the move -- we all would like to see Vanek step up and contribute, but he hasn't done anything in the playoffs so far. Novotny looked decent when he played during the regular season, so it's reasonable to give him a shot.

I'm also worried about losing Kalinin -- AP says he's "week to week", meaning his injury is more serious. That's a bummer as he was really starting to play well.

Best case is we finish off the Sens quickly and give the wounded time to heal up before moving on. (How awesome would that be?)

With those 2 significant losses from the lineup, it's gut check time tonight for the boys. I think we can hack it but it won't be easy --unless Emery has a complete meltdown, which is always possible.

Go Sabres.

I can't believe we, myself included, are upset about the loss of Kalinin. If it happens 2 months ago, I think it is a blessing, but I give credit where it is due, and Kalinin has definitely picked his game up. (Kudos once again to Lindy.....the kid made a couple of bad mistakes and he went right back out there)

I wish it were Mair or Vanek, but let's see what Novotny has if that is the case. Is this a confirmed lineup or just WGR speculation?

I can't believe we, myself included, are upset about the loss of Kalinin. If it happens 2 months ago, I think it is a blessing, but I give credit where it is due, and Kalinin has definitely picked his game up. (Kudos once again to Lindy.....the kid made a couple of bad mistakes and he went right back out there)

I wish it were Mair or Vanek, but let's see what Novotny has if that is the case. Is this a confirmed lineup or just WGR speculation?

Hopefully, the injury to Kalinin isn't as bad as the rumors are making it out to be. I think Fitzpatrick can play well enough in the Mmarena with Buffalo having the last change and Lindy's ability to keep him the @#$# away from Havlat at all costs and away from the Spezza line most of the game.

If the series goes back to Ottawa and Rory is still in, that is where/when I start to get nervous. Havlat v Fitzy is a disaster waiting to happen.

Archived