Goaltending Trade Prospects

Crusader1969

32 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Meanwhile in Tampa, Jonas Johansson is 5-1-3 with a 2.87 GAA and a .916 save % and 2 shutouts.  Nice we gave him away for what, a 7th round pick?

Like I said, you can get Buffalo-Ullmark numbers with a lesser guy if the defence is great 

Granted that’s a small sample size from JJ

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Like I said, you can get Buffalo-Ullmark numbers with a lesser guy if the defence is great 

Granted that’s a small sample size from JJ

Those numbers aren't even that great. So, basically he's 5-4 with a 2.87 GAA and a .916 SV%. The only stat that's solid there is the SV%. 

Not only that but Tampa Bay can score just as well as the Sabres plus they're a better team overall with more veterans and also have shut down guys. 

I'm not surprised Jonas' stats are better with the Lightning

10 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

Those numbers aren't even that great. So, basically he's 5-4 with a 2.87 GAA and a .916 SV%. The only stat that's solid there is the SV%. 

Not only that but Tampa Bay can score just as well as the Sabres plus they're a better team overall with more veterans and also have shut down guys. 

I'm not surprised Jonas' stats are better with the Lightning

His stats will look differently after letting in 6 in a loss tonight.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

There are a lot of posters here who are clamouring for GMKA to trade for a goalie but who?

Last season Demko and Helleybuck seemed like possibilities but no longer are.  So who else would you like the Sabres to trade for that would be a definite upgrade to the 3 already on the roster.

I have two names that could be available but neither is a slam dunk improvement...Jake Allen (MTL) and Jacob Markstrom (CLG)

There won't be anyone available until after the 1st of the year at the earliest and maybe not until the deadline.  Even then I don't expect KA to invest any assets in goaltending.  Why? If the Sabres stay in playoff contention with the goaltending they have, then in KA's mind why waste assets on a trade?  If the Sabres fall out of contention because of the goaltending, KA would rather have another high draft pick he can use on a forward and address the goaltending in the off-season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.