Mike Bales (goalie coach)

IndySabresLifer

6 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

I thought for a while it was some combination of coaching, improper development, and his injury issues that stunted his development, but he came into camp this year unprepared relative to others. Even just looking at his closest power,  I t’s evident that Comrie worked hard this offseason. It isn’t with UPL.

At this point it suggests to me it’s the player lacking the drive/focus to succeed in pro sports.

and clearly, the team doesn't DEMAND it. 

• Like (+1) 1

As a Buffalo Sabres fan I have had issues with Mike Bales as the Sabres goalie coach he is terrible at development. I also don’t believe in some of his goalie teachings like having the goalies drop to their knees. I get it the goalie covers the base of the net but up top is wide open. Carter Hutton did that all the time it was terrible to watch. I would have fired Mike Bales years ago he was a terrible NHL goaltender and a former Boston Bruins just no fire him. Craig Anderson wasn’t affected because he was a veteran goaltender and did what he wanted. Devon Levi again trained in college. Mike Bales is useless in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Sabres Fan said:

As a Buffalo Sabres fan I have had issues with Mike Bales as the Sabres goalie coach he is terrible at development. I also don’t believe in some of his goalie teachings like having the goalies drop to their knees. I get it the goalie covers the base of the net but up top is wide open. Carter Hutton did that all the time it was terrible to watch. I would have fired Mike Bales years ago he was a terrible NHL goaltender and a former Boston Bruins just no fire him. Craig Anderson wasn’t affected because he was a veteran goaltender and did what he wanted. Devon Levi again trained in college. Mike Bales is useless in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Bales is considered one of the best in the business.

He's widely credited with helping Marc Andre Fleury resurrecting his career and developing Matt Murray. Pens won back to back Cups. In Carolina, Cam Ward praised him, and then he had Petr Mrazek have one of his best seasons after years of struggle and waiver-claim pickup Curtis McElhinney have a solid season.

He hasn't had similar success in Buffalo, but let's face it, the team has been bad and the defense has been young. But i think the Sabres are in good hands with Bales.

44 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

So will it be Comrie or UPL next game? I assume they won't go Levi 4 straight. 

Goes without saying, but the 3-goalie system sucks bc one of these guys isn't gonna play for another like 3 weeks. I forget who, but someone on twitter was trying to predict when Comrie/UPL would play and they said Monday.

18 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So will it be Comrie or UPL next game? I assume they won't go Levi 4 straight. 

Why wouldn't they let Levi go 4 straight?  They haven't had a back to back yet.  He'll have had 4 days off in the 8 days of the Sabres season and have only had 2 days where they were travelling.

He is SIGNIFICANTLY better than either guy battling to continue to wear a baseball cap night in and night out.

If Comrie or UPL start before the Moe-ray-all game on Monday would be surprised. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.