GOP civil war

Weave

Will be interesting to watch the Gaetz-McCarthy civil war play out.  I was curious if the dems would attempt a coalition government and freeze the Chaos Coalition out.  But I can’t say I am surprised to hear they are gonna let McCarthy swing in the breeze given how many times he has sabotaged previous bargains.

Who is your bet for next speaker?

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/3/2023 at 1:18 PM, Weave said:

Will be interesting to watch the Gaetz-McCarthy civil war play out.  I was curious if the dems would attempt a coalition government and freeze the Chaos Coalition out.  But I can’t say I am surprised to hear they are gonna let McCarthy swing in the breeze given how many times he has sabotaged previous bargains.

Who is your bet for next speaker?

I don't think there is a good reason for the Dems to partner with McCarthy. The guy changes directions faster than duck in a hurricane. 

No idea who the next speaker will be. I see Jim Jordan as sleezy enough to try and get there but he is worse than McCarthy if you can believe it. I think the US needs functioning politicians to succeed and right now one entire party is made up of cultists worshipping their golden calf and the other half has to placate the base that is also worshipping said golden calf. The Republican platform these days is what? Women are 2nd class citizens with less rights than guns and brown ppl are bad? Seems to be about all they got. 

When you pander to the extremist elements of your party and they then come for you, being surprised is laughable. McCarthy and Republicans did this to themselves. 

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like Coup planner Jim Jordan is going to be the next speaker of the house. He has never passed a bill in his entire time in congress. He refused a congressional subpoena and is not the brightest bulb. The GOP is no longer a functional political party. I thought that when they ousted Liz Cheney but sadly this is where we are at. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Finally the GOP is calling out Tubberville. It's about time, this blanket hold nonsense is shameful and plays into our enemies hands. 

Pentagon has finally had it too. 

The Commandant of the Marine Corps suffered an apparent heart attack a couple days ago. Without an Assistant Commandant appointed, the duties fall to three star.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Finally the GOP is calling out Tubberville. It's about time, this blanket hold nonsense is shameful and plays into our enemies hands. 

Pentagon has finally had it too. 

Tuberville is an abject moron and ignoramus. Who can forget his masterful grasp of our system of government when he declared the three branches were the House, the Senate, and the Executive. And while it’s concerning that unqualified idiots like him, MTG, Boebert and others get elected to office, they are only a symptom of the electorate that puts them there. And that is downright scary.