Observations and wild theories from camp, Day 1

dudacek

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Skinner Thompson XXX

XXX Mittelstadt Tuch

Peterka Cozens XXX

Girgensons Krebs Okposo

XXX = 3 of Quinn, Olofsson, Greenway, Jost, Rousek, Kulich, Rosen, Benson

if Peterka takes a step, that's a helluva rotation, no matter how the 3rd wheel shakes out.

I don't like taking Tuch away from the top line, but IIRC, DG did so a couple of times last year in trying different line combos.  I can certainly see him doing so again this year.

I am pretty confident (probably overconfident) that JJP is going to step up this year and be a consistent factor on Cozens' wing.

Greenway with either of your Mitts or Cozens lines would make those lines very difficult to play against.

And one of the high-scoring kids earning that spot with TT and Skinner is pretty unlikely but holy mackerel I would be psyched to watch it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Skinner Thompson XXX

XXX Mittelstadt Tuch

Peterka Cozens XXX

Girgensons Krebs Okposo

XXX = 3 of Quinn, Olofsson, Greenway, Jost, Rousek, Kulich, Rosen, Benson

if Peterka takes a step, that's a helluva rotation, no matter how the 3rd wheel shakes out.

Don’t forget Savoie as an option. He may get a conditioning stint in Rochester and then an audition in Buffalo before deciding his future.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I don't like taking Tuch away from the top line, but IIRC, DG did so a couple of times last year in trying different line combos.  I can certainly see him doing so again this year.

I am pretty confident (probably overconfident) that JJP is going to step up this year and be a consistent factor on Cozens' wing.

Greenway with either of your Mitts or Cozens lines would make those lines very difficult to play against.

And one of the high-scoring kids earning that spot with TT and Skinner is pretty unlikely but holy mackerel I would be psyched to watch it.

How about his come March?

Skinner Thompson Greenway

Peterka Cozens Kane

Quinn Mittelstadt Tuch

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

How about his come March?

Skinner Thompson Greenway

Peterka Cozens Kane

Quinn Mittelstadt Tuch

Delightful.  Or one might prefer:

Skinner Thompson Tuch

Peterka Cozens Greenway

Quinn Mittelstadt Kane

I'm not super-optimistic about Quinn returning 100% to form this year, but I continue to think there is a pretty decent chance that Kane will fully recover, get his legs back and want to join the high-scoring fireworks show occurring 3 nights a week in front of a packed house in his hometown and freight-training into the playoffs.

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Delightful.  Or one might prefer:

Skinner Thompson Tuch

Peterka Cozens Greenway

Quinn Mittelstadt Kane

I'm not super-optimistic about Quinn returning 100% to form this year, but I continue to think there is pretty decent chancea that Kane will fully recover, get his legs back and want to join the high-scoring fireworks show occurring 3 nights a week in front of a packed house in his hometown and freight-training into the playoffs.

I'm hoping that Kane can regain his health and be an asset for some team. But why would Buffalo have any interest in him? The Sabres have plenty of scorers. That's not a problem for them. What this team needs to get to the next level is team improvement on defense. That's one area of the game where he doesn't offer much help. I don't see why our GM would have any interest in him. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm hoping that Kane can regain his health and be an asset for some team. But why would Buffalo have any interest in him? The Sabres have plenty of scorers. That's not a problem for them. What this team needs to get to the next level is team improvement on defense. That's one area of the game where he doesn't offer much help. I don't see why our GM would have any interest in him. 

Maybe Buffalo area taxi drivers are getting a little too uppity?

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.