Taylor Pyatt...man.

inkman

I thought he played like an animal last night and their is no way he should be out of this lineup. He was punishing Senators all night and his work along the boards may be the best on the team. If Connolly is out, then the lineup sort of makes itself. If Timmy can play, Vanek stays put (on the bench).

I thought he played like an animal last night and their is no way he should be out of this lineup. He was punishing Senators all night and his work along the boards may be the best on the team. If Connolly is out, then the lineup sort of makes itself. If Timmy can play, Vanek stays put (on the bench).

great point my friend. i was over at a friend's and we were saying the game thing. especially early on when it seemed like the main part of ottawa's game plan was to hit/hurt everything in a white jersey and i think it had a few sabres giving up the puck instead of taking a hit. just another great defining player on this team

It seemed to me the only line to get anything going (a FORECHECK) was that Grier, Drury, Pyatt line. I found it amazing that I felt somewhat at ease when Taylor was on the ice after despising him for 5 years now.

Speaking of forechecking, it'd be nice of the Sabres had more than 2 sustained forechecks in Game 3 wouldn't it?

It seemed to me the only line to get anything going (a FORECHECK) was that Grier, Drury, Pyatt line. I found it amazing that I felt somewhat at ease when Taylor was on the ice after despising him for 5 years now.

Speaking of forechecking, it'd be nice of the Sabres had more than 2 sustained forechecks in Game 3 wouldn't it?

No more Taylor Quiet. :lol:

Keep it up, Pyzie!

Is this actually his nickname? Nice.

In any case -- he is playing very well. As the posters above said, he is maybe our best forechecker right now, he is hustling like crazy, skating well, laying some hits on the Senators (which is really important, because they are putting plenty on us and we need to make it clear that we aren't going to be pushed around) and just generally contributing quite a bit.

When Connolly went out, Roy moved into Connolly's center spot between Max and Al, and Pyatt took Roy's place on the wing with Drury and Grier. That says to me that Lindy has a lot of confidence in Pyatt right now.

Also, I really like Lindy's move in benching Vanek instead of Pyatt when Hecht returned. I think it sends the right message -- ie if you play hard and do what you're supposed to do, you'll get rewarded, and just b/c another guy is a high draft pick and very talented offensively doesn't mean he'll get your spot. You'll get the spot if you outwork him.

Go Sabres.

Well, I'm going to eat some crow. In earlier posts, I was all for sitting Pyatt and playing Vanek, mainly because I felt that Vanek could score, was valuable on the PP, and think that it's good for a rising star in the league to be allowed to work through some tough times, even if they come in the playoffs. Obviously lots of people disagreed, which is cool.

However, wow...this is now what, 3, 4 straight games that Pyatt has actually been playing hard in, which I believe is a career record for the young man. When Pyatt is hustling and playing hard, tough, physical hockey, I absolutely don't mind him being on the ice. HOwever, the majority of the time Pyatt just doesn't play up to speed. Well, he sure as hell did last night again. Good for you Taylor Pyatt. With Mair being out, Pyatt is sort of filling that role, as a bruising winger.

Is this actually his nickname? Nice.

If you listen real close, you can always hear Drury calling for the puck. When Pyatt has it, he says, "Pyzie!".

Hockey players do that with names. Royzie, Millsie, Pyzie....

If you listen real close, you can always hear Drury calling for the puck. When Pyatt has it, he says, "Pyzie!".

Hockey players do that with names. Royzie, Millsie, Pyzie....

I think it applies to most team sports. I would ALWAYS subconsciencly add a "-y" to the end of any of my soccer teammates when calling for the ball. I think it just flows better for quick, repeated, understandable communication.

Archived