Annual expectations thread 2023/24: #13 Lukas Rousek

dudacek

Annual expectations thread 2023/24: #13 Lukas Rousek  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these best reflects your expectations for Lukas Rousek this year?

• He won’t make the team out of camp, but will get called up at some point in the season
    • He’ll make the team out of camp, but won’t be an everyday player
    • He’ll stick with the team and will contribute

Bouncing back nicely from a North American debut season almost entirely lost to injury, Rousek emerged as a savvy, versatile leader for Rochester. His NHL debut didn’t come until late in the year due to the unnaturally good health of the Sabres forwards, but he looked like he belonged in his two-game appearance.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=207535

At 24, Rousek might lack the top end talent of some of the other rookies contending for a roster spot this season, but he is the most mature and has the most complete game. No longer waiver-eligible, Rousek signed a 2-year contract extension this summer comes with a one-way salary in its second year.

What do you expect from Rousek this year?

Rousek joins Mitts and Kulich on the 3rd line, terrifying opponents deth lines forcing the opponents coaching staffs to play their lines with minute deficiencies that are overwhelmingly advantageous to the Sabres 3 scoring line strategy. Cats & Dogs start living together in harmony, the coolness of the Sabres players in game after game forces global Temps to recede, stopping climate change, it snows on Christmas eve right through Christmas day in honor of Rouseks rise as a gift to Sabres fans,  Sabres win the cup, and all is right with the universe.

• Haha (+1) 1

It seems like that last starting forward spot is going to come down to Rousek vs VO, and it just seems more likely that VO will get it.  He's in a contract year and he can score.

It's possible that VO will be traded before the season starts, but at this point cap space is pretty tight league-wide so I'm skeptical.

I think Rousek was #14 on the depth chart before Quinn got hurt and the fact that he’s both a winger and a versatile one like Quinn should cement his spot on the opening night roster.

But I do think he’s a spare, and he’s vulnerable to being leapfrogged by a number of younger, more talented players.

Really, I see him being this year’s Hinostroza in terms of how I expect he gets used. Hopefully, he’s as serviceable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.