A Greenway-Krebs-Olofsson line?

Eleven

3 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Pairing Krebs with Oloffson is unfair to Krebs at this point in his career. And that’s coming from a Krebs skeptic 

Olofsson is a shooter and Krebs is a passer. That's a good fit. The issue is whether Olofsson can uphold his defensive responsibilities on that line.

• dislike 1

15 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I don't think Greenway and Krebs overlap as much as you seem to.  I see Krebs and Greenway both as disruptive forecheckers.  I don't see Greenway as much of a playmaker though and I think the other two would still look to Krebs to drive the play.  I could see the line working but on the other hand if it struggles limiting their minutes would probably be the least disruptive to the rest of the team.

Oh I think you see them exactly the same way I do!  

• Like (+1) 1

With krebbs and greenway this would need to be a forechecking/physical line with cycling the puck as key to success. 1/3 of line cannot forecheck or play physical or cycle the puck well. Green and Krebs are at least average skaters. Olo is below average skater. Can't do much of anything but shoot. 

On 9/4/2023 at 6:53 PM, Curt said:

Fitness (as in an inability to be be in proper shape) wasn’t an issue.  His issue was that he was recovering from a shoulder injury.

it was a fitness issue. He came back in October 2022. he could not hit but certainly could work hard on fitness for at least a month before that. By the end of the season he certainly should have been in good shape. I think Granato mentioned lack of fitness as issue. That is a big deal for him to criticize a player like that.

6 hours ago, xzy89c1 said:

With krebbs and greenway this would need to be a forechecking/physical line with cycling the puck as key to success. 1/3 of line cannot forecheck or play physical or cycle the puck well. Green and Krebs are at least average skaters. Olo is below average skater. Can't do much of anything but shoot. 

Sure he can.  He just needs to be told what his role is and play his role.  He has the physical talent.  If he can be coached he'll be fine.  If he can't then he needs to go.  It's really that simple.

5 hours ago, xzy89c1 said:

it was a fitness issue. He came back in October 2022. he could not hit but certainly could work hard on fitness for at least a month before that. By the end of the season he certainly should have been in good shape. I think Granato mentioned lack of fitness as issue. That is a big deal for him to criticize a player like that.

I missed Granato critizing his physical fitness.  Do you happen to know where I could see/read this?

Greenway’s shoulder was an issue for the whole season.  He had surgery last offseason and returned in October, but immediately re-agrivated it.  It was never right last season.

7 hours ago, Curt said:

I missed Granato critizing his physical fitness.  Do you happen to know where I could see/read this?

Greenway’s shoulder was an issue for the whole season.  He had surgery last offseason and returned in October, but immediately re-agrivated it.  It was never right last season.

Feel like it was in a post game presser. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.