Ryan Miller Hired by San Jose as Scout/Goaltending Development Coordinator

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Ryan Miller Hired by San Jose as Scout/Goaltending Development Coordinator
17 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I was told Miller wouldn't do this after hockey, weird.

I could have sworn he said in an interview that he wanted to get involved in the administrative side, but he wanted to take a year off to spend time with his family and that any job he ultimately took would be dependent on how much time he could spend at home. I’m like 99% sure of this. Now you have me doubting myself.

15 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I could have sworn he said in an interview that he wanted to get involved in the administrative side, but he wanted to take a year off to spend time with his family and that any job he ultimately took would be dependent on how much time he could spend at home. I’m like 99% sure of this. Now you have me doubting myself.

He lives near SJ so it makes sense.

Vanek likely stays in Minnesota and this isn’t moving to do this job either more than likely. Both are buddies of Grier so it makes sense.

On 8/19/2023 at 8:52 AM, Quint said:

I wish the Sabres invested in Vanek. He's a smart, savvy guy who would've definitely helped this organization.

Perfect for Amerks imo.

Maybe he's on the coaching ladder and this is the first step, talent evaluation. 

13 hours ago, Norcal said:

Perfect for Amerks imo.

Maybe he's on the coaching ladder and this is the first step, talent evaluation. 

Vanek is on frequently with Rivet and Peters for their After the Whistle podcast. I'm pretty sure they questioned him about coaching during one of those podcasts from this summer. I don't remember what he said, just telling ya in case you're interested enough to go find it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.