goons win

blugold43

tonight it is our turn to be embarrassed. they came out to push us around- mainly because it was their only hope- and we let them do it.

can't believe we were so afraid of being hit that we couldn't skate harder than that. shameful.

i think they were looking out of the corner of their eyes most of the night.

I just didn't get the same feeling, I guess. I saw some great cross-ice passes, some good breakouts, some nice hits, and I also saw the Sabres lose. My dream of a sweep may be over, but my vision of a series win is not.

I thought they just had their sticks too tight or something to that effect.

It was the 1st road playoff game for a lot of them and they were definitely too anxious on the powerplay. With the powerplay as poor as it was and the 2 fluke goals against, I'm not that upset with a 1 goal loss. The Phylers can't expect to get 2 flukes in one game again, and the Sabres powerplay bounced back well in game 2 from essentially the same effort they had tonight in game 1.

Filly is a tough place to play on the road come playoff time and if they could have refrained from giving up the shorthanded goal or either of the flukes and they'd have had an excellent chance to win in OT.

I fully expect them to be fine on Friday.

I thought they just had their sticks too tight or something to that effect.

It was the 1st road playoff game for a lot of them and they were definitely too anxious on the powerplay. With the powerplay as poor as it was and the 2 fluke goals against, I'm not that upset with a 1 goal loss. The Phylers can't expect to get 2 flukes in one game again, and the Sabres powerplay bounced back well in game 2 from essentially the same effort they had tonight in game 1.

Filly is a tough place to play on the road come playoff time and if they could have refrained from giving up the shorthanded goal or either of the flukes and they'd have had an excellent chance to win in OT.

I fully expect them to be fine on Friday.

I see it the same way, Dave. Sabs in 5.

All and all it's not that bad. We aren't going to sweep every team :lol:

Next game, Miller isn't going to allow a crap goal like he did today (the 1st), Forsberg isn't goint to score of off McKee's skate (2nd), the 3rd was also suspect looking so were left with the EN goal. This was a 100% must win game for the Flyers, and they diden't show me that much.

But it is funny how all those idiots in Philly got confused at the end thinking that Forsberg got the hat trick :lol:

Am I disappointed by the loss? Sure, I wanted to sweep these clowns right out on their azz...but I am not overly concerned. In a must-win situation, Philly didn't really show much - they got a couple pucks to bounce their way, and we didn't get any our way. I thought Philly did a little better job at times of slowing us down in the neutral zone, and it seemed like it took us until the mid-2nd period to figure out how to get around that and started really using our speed.

All in all, I think we had an average effort for most of the night, and Philly still needed a couple fluky goals to squeak out what was essentially a one-goal win.

BTW - I thought Vanek had a decent night - he looks like he is starting to figure out that not moving your feet = stationary target = getting hit a lot. I think if he starts to pull the trigger a little faster, instead of always trying to look for a pretty play/pass, he could pop in a couple big goals, and that would do wonders for his confidence.

BTW - I thought Vanek had a decent night - he looks like he is starting to figure out that not moving your feet = stationary target = getting hit a lot. I think if he starts to pull the trigger a little faster, instead of always trying to look for a pretty play/pass, he could pop in a couple big goals, and that would do wonders for his confidence.

I've been thinking he was showing signs of coming out of his funk...

Archived