Off-season: RHD who may be available in trade

GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'm not a fan of it either but otherwise one of Dahlin/Power/Mattias flip to the right 

Right, sure we can. But my point is Samuelson seems wasted on the 3rd pairing, so what do we do with him? Do we just use him there or try and leverage what could be a 1-2 line pairing d-man to fill another area of need 

You made me smile. 

What you're seeing is called depth, it's been so long. Yes I'm some ways Samuelsson is wasted but injuries and game flow, he'll get minutes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

You made me smile. 

What you're seeing is called depth, it's been so long. Yes I'm some ways Samuelsson is wasted but injuries and game flow, he'll get minutes. 

Makes sense, and yeah I tend to agree.

Feels good to actually be watching them again🍻

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Also, power is good but we want him to force his way past Samuelsson. Might take a season

Yeah he's definitely gonna need some time to develop. Thankfully he shouldn't have the rough transition Dahlin was forced into i.e. team and coaching dynamics

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Makes sense, and yeah I tend to agree.

Feels good to actually be watching them again🍻

Yes, it’s ok to have a player on the 3rd pair who could play top-4.  It doesn’t mean that we need to immediately consider trading said player.  If/when the Sabres are a contending team, several positions on the lineup card may look like that.

I know it’s been some time since the Sabres have allowed us to think about things in that way, but as LGR said, that’s called depth.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.