GDT: Sabres @ Nashville MSG 8 PM EST

bob_sauve28

3 hours ago, nucci said:

How do they play like crap for a long time then beat the hottest team in the league on the road with 8th string goalie?

Just the nature of playing 82 games. We were due. 

Hopefully it's the beginning of a string of games that'll inspire some REAL positivity - I still think a strong finish is the key to (see: indicative of) a sustainable start the following season 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

A Facebook Friend of a Facebook Friend, Tom Crandall, restores classic turntables with a twist:  He either replaces the plastic bodies or puts a vernier on them that makes them look like expensive furniture.  They're works of art.  If you look at his public posts you can see several turntables he's done.  It's turntable pr0n, I tell ya.

image.thumb.png.8e6316453dae9170835a50fa5ad64410.png

image.thumb.png.548402789c4cf65ef0ab0228e4107559.png

Yup, I’ve seen folks do this.  That series of Pioneer have a grey contact paper-like substance covering over the top of partical  board.  Strip that off and use a wood veneer.  If you are skilled to book match the sides with the top is looks great.  

I have fixed a few of these, then I sold them to get something else. 

15 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You have this unreal expectation and use every single goal against to be like "look! They aren't physical enough, that's why they got scored on!" It simply isn't true, I'm glad you cited 2 teams who are more talented than us. Dahlin was great last night but the crusade against him is never ending and suggestion last night specifically he wasn't tough enough is a level of denial not seen since the concept of kassian. That goal is a results from a pinball puck getting put in, it happens but unless Dahlin is perfect,  he's criticized because he's the new whipping boy even though for about a month he's probably been the best defenseman, at least the last 4 games. 

Here's a question who was better last night; Roman Josi or Dahlin?

Since Dahlin isn't physical enough who was 1st on the Sabres in hits?

The problem is Jokiharju isn't a top pairing defender and it really shows. He's not strong enough on pucks or skilled enough to handle those minutes. If I were Buffalo, I would be exploring the market to move a guy like Johnson or Bryson for a rhd.

Again, my focus was on the pairing of them, not on Dahlin specifically. 

The two teams cited were for a recent comparison and nothing more. Comparing the way Boston - as a team - played Tampa, to the way we - as a team - played Tampa is a very telling comparison and difference. It accentuates our deficiencies. Deficiencies that will haunt us, even if we get offensively competitive in the future. I really don't know why you can't see that. 

Question. Do you think being first on the Sabres with hits is very meaningful? We, as a team have the least hits per game in the league. That's a fact.

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/what-team-has-most-hits-per-game

and add to that the simple fact most nights teams don't bother playing physical with us because they simply don't have to. You might not realize this sine you didn't play hockey, but being physical is hard. Really hard. It's hard demanding work and wears you out. You only do it when you have to. WE, are an incredibly soft team.

The last sentences, the bolded ones, we agree on, and that was the point I was making. The Dahlin Jokiharju pairing is NOT a good pairing imo. and definitely not a good PK pairing, and that's what I said. 

13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Again, my focus was on the pairing of them, not on Dahlin specifically. 

The two teams cited were for a recent comparison and nothing more. Comparing the way Boston - as a team - played Tampa, to the way we - as a team - played Tampa is a very telling comparison and difference. It accentuates our deficiencies. Deficiencies that will haunt us, even if we get offensively competitive in the future. I really don't know why you can't see that. 

Question. Do you think being first on the Sabres with hits is very meaningful? We, as a team have the least hits per game in the league. That's a fact.

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/what-team-has-most-hits-per-game

and add to that the simple fact most nights teams don't bother playing physical with us because they simply don't have to. You might not realize this sine you didn't play hockey, but being physical is hard. Really hard. It's hard demanding work and wears you out. You only do it when you have to. WE, are an incredibly soft team.

The last sentences, the bolded ones, we agree on, and that was the point I was making. The Dahlin Jokiharju pairing is NOT a good pairing imo. and definitely not a good PK pairing, and that's what I said. 

I find myself constantly disagreeing with you. 

"You might not realize but" is the preface for all mansplaining. Thank you though, I do realize that being an aggressive hockey team is hard and no I think hits a useless stat.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I find myself constantly disagreeing with you. 

"You might not realize but" is the preface for all mansplaining. Thank you though, I do realize that being an aggressive hockey team is hard and no I think hits a useless stat.

I find you constantly talking down in an arrogant "I know better" manner myself but I don't care. You are what you are, I am what I am. 

I think over the years it's become quite clear we see the game very very differently and what we want to see on the ice is different. I think, in terms of the Sabres, you are likely to get more of what you want but imo that will not translate into a winning team until we get more of what I want. 

You know, in all honesty, I think if we both worked for the Sabres in their scouting department we would hate each other, maybe not even speak, BUT, when you brought in your list of 10 and I brought in my different list of 10, the 1 guy that would end up on both lists would be the guy. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.