Hitchcock Tells "Lindy To F--k Off"

PTS

Right after his press conference, Hitchcock turned around to the reporters and said something like: "Go tell Lindy to f--k off".

Philadelphia is DONE. Their players are more worried about getting back at Campbell and their coach is more worried about our coach. Meanwhile Buffalo is worrying about getting hat tricks for their players.

I predicted sweep and we're gonna get a sweep.

In fairness to Captain Kangaroo, (boy do I hate doing this) I think he had a legitimate reason to be ticked. He had just been told by a reporter (incorrectly, I think (I have to watch Lindy's press conference to know for sure, was listening to it from the other room)) that Lindy said the Phlyers were idiots. IIHC, what Lindy actually said, when asked by a reporter if the Phlyers were idiots, that the reporter could say that. That is actually different than Lindy saying "the Phlyers are IDIOTS" (although I'm sure he believes it, as they ARE in fact idiots). Coaches typically don't rub it in to their opponents when they still have to play 2 more games, so I can see where CK would have been ticked hearing that Lindy was calling a spade a spade.

In fairness to Captain Kangaroo, (boy do I hate doing this) I think he had a legitimate reason to be ticked. He had just been told by a reporter (incorrectly, I think (I have to watch Lindy's press conference to know for sure, was listening to it from the other room)) that Lindy said the Phlyers were idiots. IIHC, what Lindy actually said, when asked by a reporter if the Phlyers were idiots, that the reporter could say that. That is actually different than Lindy saying "the Phlyers are IDIOTS" (although I'm sure he believes it, as they ARE in fact idiots). Coaches typically don't rub it in to their opponents when they still have to play 2 more games, so I can see where CK would have been ticked hearing that Lindy was calling a spade a spade.

Lindy rolled out the i word first, although I think it was that they were playing like idiots when referencing Gauthier's hit on Vanek.

Lindy rolled out the i word first, although I think it was that they were playing like idiots when referencing Gauthier's hit on Vanek.

I went back and listened to it again, and you are correct Lindy started the press conference saying Filly "acted like idiots". I missed the very beginning of the press conference. My bad.

You are forgiven for that. But you cannot be forgiven for using the expression "my bad." :)

Love the reference to "CK." I had to stop and think about that one. Very nice. Calvin Klein. You've done it again, CK.

Has ANYONE referred to Calvin Klein since Back to the Future?

I'm pretty certain you are putting me on, but on the off chance you aren't, CK is Captain Kangaroo.

Saw the Press conferences on sportcentre (Canadian version on TSN) and what Lindy said was that " When they started playing like idiots, we came out and ccontinued to play and it just made them want to play harder" he then said if they wanted to use the word idiot they could (to the reporters).

In Hitchcocks PC he was asked about the comment and he said that "He has seen Lindy's team play like that too (Sabres played like goons forgeting about playing hockey and just headhunting, What other team is Lindy Coaching that we don't know about?) so he has no right saying that" Another reporter then asked him a question and he decided to leave, on his way out he said Lindy could go F#ck off

Archived