GDT:First Road Trip! Buffalo at New Jersey, October 23, 2022 7pm MSG, WGR 550

Brawndo

Just now, nfreeman said:

Good stuff @Taro T.  I agree on Cozens — he seems to be improving and gaining confidence every game.  I kinda liked both Bryson and Miller though — eye of the beholder I suppose.  

Like stated above, 1st & only game that the stuff Miller's detractors bring up every game seemed noticeable.  And am really developing an appreciation of Bryson.  He's been waaaay better in his own end than he'd been in the past.  And he still can move the puck.

Hagg is another pleasant surprise.  He was 3rd pairing on a bad Filly D.  He's looked extremely comfortable w/ Pysyk.

Honestly, all 3 pairings are working right now.  Did NOT see that one coming.  But D is definitely the spot where chemistry plays it's greatest role.  And, if you find pairings that work DON'T BREAK THEM UP.  Trading away Scandella cost the Sabres 2 good D-men, not just 1.  Not sure where they fit Samuelsson nor Jokiharju back in when they're available.  (Yeah, yeah, Henri's going back with Dahlin.  That'll be a mistake.)

• Like (+1) 2

Bryson to me has been a revelation this year, especially after the horrific preseason game he had against PIttsburgh.

The ESPN guys were drooling over Matt Grzelcyk in the Bruins game but Bryson was every bit as good and seems to be following a similar path.

I’m starting to feel like it’s safe to say we’ve finally hit on a mid-rounder.

• Like (+1) 1

Remember when people used to complain that Ralph never used Skinner in OT?

Watch the winning goal from last night.

First Skinner makes a terrible decision: making a half-hearted attempt to pressure the puck-carrier who was easily being controlled by Dahlin. Not only does he whiff on the drop pass, he takes a line that pulls him even further out of the play and leaves Severson (?) with an acre of room to make a play and all evening to make it.

Cozens is hung out to dry on a 2 on 1, but makes an effort play to force Serverson in the hopes that Skinner can get back in time to support him. Unfortunately Skinner has stopped skating on his backcheck giving Zacha all the time he needs to pick his spot.

Terrible read, terrible effort.

https://www.nhl.com/video/zacha-snipes-home-overtime-winner/t-326162728/c-9263378

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.