Sneaky good signing Amerks, Peterka or someone coming up soon?

Nozlen

45 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

There’s no reason to overthink this. They didn’t sign him to a contract because someone in Buffalo is out for a couple of weeks. The Amerks had a hole at C and he was signed to help Rochester. 

Well they filled that hole with a quality plug. 🙂 

Someone will still need to come up or get signed for Buffalo.

Just now, Nozlen said:

Well they filled that hole with a quality plug. 🙂 

Someone will still need to come up or get signed for Buffalo.

The Sabres have no reason to call a forward up. They have 13 healthy forwards. Someone coming up will just sit in the press box. They will probably need a D eventually since they only have 6. 

You have to judge which is better practice time with possible playing time with Buffalo or Playing time in Rochester. I for one think Brett Murray would be better served in Buffalo practicing and learning the system even if he was sitting games, but that is just me and we shall see.

41 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m guessing they stand pat until the roadie begins a week from Monday. If I had to guess, I’d say they recall Murray at that point. 

Why? I don’t understand this line of thinking. They likely wouldn’t play him. So what’s the point? They need an extra D, not forward. 

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Ummm…an extended cross country road trip and they shouldn’t carry the maximum number of players?

Not always, and especially not when it’s a prospect who may not play. They’ll absolutely call up a defenseman. If they do bring up a forward I’d expect it to maybe be Macinnis since they won’t really care if he loses playing time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.