Sabres Practice Notes:October 15, 2021

Brawndo

And it was being said Butcher was a redundant add...

there are always injuries. and the sabres are always near the top of the league, they just are. we were always going to need the bodies 

of course the first two we get are at C and RHD...

Edited by Thorny

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

And it was being said Butcher was a redundant add...

there are always injuries. and the sabres are always near the top of the league, they just are. we were always going to need the bodies 

of course the first two we get are at C and RHD...

Bold prediction:  Ruotsalainen will be a full time NHLer (not a bench sitter) from this point forward.

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

Butcher? God help us. 

Believe.

51118652856_f2a0c41158_z.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Bold prediction:  Ruotsalainen will be a full time NHLer (not a bench sitter) from this point forward.

Believe.

Donnie Meatballs has my complete trust. He’s the best man for this team at this time.

Butcher? Um, not so much. He did absolutely nothing to impress me in preseason and it was easy to see why Lindy didn’t wanna play him even on a poor team in Joisey. 

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Believe.

Couldn’t agree more on R2.

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

Donnie Meatballs has my complete trust. He’s the best man for this team at this time.

Butcher? Um, not so much. He did absolutely nothing to impress me in preseason and it was easy to see why Lindy didn’t wanna play him even on a poor team in Joisey. 

Im no Butcher fan (ok, that’s an understatement), but he was a terrible fit for a Lindy Ruff coached team, especially if NJ lacked enough D first D to balance a guy like Butcher.  

DG runs a different vision. He doesn’t mind putting to O first D together, like Bryson and Miller, as long as they are willing to work hard to get back.  He wants to play fast, and I think his hope is 2 good skaters will move the puck up quickly.  It worked in game one.  81 to go and we’ll see if 2 O first pairings will work.  Honestly both Miller and Butcher’s careers are on the line this season.  They better step up if they want decent contracts in the NHL next season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.