John Rigas, disgraced former Sabres owner, passes at 96

PromoTheRobot

33 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

John Rigas might be considered a disgraced owner, but I miss his ownership over the Pegula tire fire by a country mile.

RIP John.

Lets not go too far.  He ran the team into league operation for more than just criminal reasons.  The team was on the verge of financial collapse.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Lets not go too far.  He ran the team into league operation for more than just criminal reasons.  The team was on the verge of financial collapse.

As a fan,... not sure I care.

As a fan,... I don’t give a flyin’ ***** about the economic viability of the Buffalo Sabres as a long term franchise.

Just win.

Rigas was a better owner than the Pegulas. I bet he wasn’t at the draft table.

• Like (+1) 2

A man has died.  Say what you want about him and his legacy.

Why does it always have to be bash the Pegulas?

I am not thrilled by many of the things thay have done as owners and the way they have run the Sabres.  Mostly their clear inability to hire the right people in certain jobs.  Maybe Ruff and Regier should have been kept all along?  Who knows.

What I do know is the Pegulas are trying and it's very unlikely they will end up in jail.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.