Robin Lehner trashes Sabres Medical Staff

matter2003

On 8/13/2021 at 11:24 AM, Digger said:

One of the truths in life for everyone is that we cannot change the past.  The only thing we can do is learn from the past and implement changes to not repeat mistakes.  Businesses do this with "lessons learned exercises" and reviewing "lessons learned" are very important to not repeat mistakes and to implement improvements.  What could we have done better is the question to be asked and how can we do it better next time?

Lehner's comments are old.  They may be valid from the time period but we are only getting one side of the story.  Did the Sabres learn from the supposed mistakes and implement changes to be improved?  Perhaps and let's hope so, but I wouldn't expect the Sabres management come out and respond to Lehner's comments from an event in 2017-18.  The Eichel scenario will get played out and we will need to wait to see if he gets surgery and how he recovers with whatever team he ends up with.

Time to move forward.

I would say no since Lehners comments were in response to what is going on with Eichel.

He wasn't just sitting around and get asked about his time in Buffalo, he made teh comments to say he knows what Jacks going through because its similar (according to him) to what he is going through

7 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would say no since Lehners comments were in response to what is going on with Eichel.

He wasn't just sitting around and get asked about his time in Buffalo, he made teh comments to say he knows what Jacks going through because its similar (according to him) to what he is going through

But all the staff has been changed out.  So isn’t it just sour grapes? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

But all the staff has been changed out.  So isn’t it just sour grapes? 

I don't think so.  I think it's more of a general comment on what happens in certain situations with injuries and other medical issues.  It may even be more of a comment directed to the way the league approaches certain medical issues, especially mental health issues.  It could be a comment based on society in general and the lack of proper care for many with mental health issues.  Teams are going to be conservative in treatments for injuries like Jack's where there is substancial risk.  Also, teams are not sure how to handle serious mental health issues, as are many others in our greater society.  We always hear of people not getting the help they need, even when they are basically begging for it.  I've been there.  I know.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
my typing is not goodly ...

29 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't think so.  I think it's more of a general comment on what happens in certain situations with injuries and other medical issues.  It may even be more of a comment directed to the way the league approaches certain medical issues, especially mental health issues.  It could be a comment based on society in general and the lack of proper care for many with mental health issues.  Teams are going to be conservative in treatments for injuries like Jack's where there is substancial risk.  Also, teams are not sure how to handle serious mental health issues, as are many others in our greater society.  We always hear of people not getting the help they need, even when they are basically begging for it.  I've been there.  I know.

Didn’t he specifically mention being on a bike days after ankle surgery as “being ***** up”, then 3/4 of the universe states that is typical rehab for that type of surgery.  Sounds like sour grapes to me. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Didn’t he specifically mention being on a bike days after ankle surgery as “being ***** up”, then 3/4 of the universe states that is typical rehab for that type of surgery.  Sounds like sour grapes to me. 

That may be.  I can't remember exactly what he said and I am not up to relistening.  If he did say that then he either does not know what he is talking about or he is on some kind of vendetta.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.