Help me cinvince my wife

Hawk

My wife is very lets say "frugal". This girl does not even go to the mall, I swear. We have a 1989 RCA XL 100 27", that still has a beautiful picture, and I have NEVER had this set in for service. But it's time to move into the 21st century. I need an iron clad argument to sell her on my going out to get a new set for the Game. PS yes I am whipped. Thanks :unsure: :unsure:

I have also thought of screwing the color up, since she has no clue how to adjust it. but I dont want to stoop that low. ;)

As someone who just successfully went through the same thing, my advice is to tell her:

1. you work hard and you never buy anything for yourself and you really want this

2. you won't buy anything else for yourself for a really long time

3. it'll be good for watching sex & the city and all those hugh grant movies together.

4. the prices are really good now

5. most of the electronics stores will let you pay for it over a year with zero interest.

make sure you get a widescreen HDTV.

Good luck. Fight the power.

I put it to my wife logically. I told her that the HD signal was being forced into place and unless we spent $1500 for a new large screen TV we would still end up paying $300 to keep our old 27" TV that isn't worth $150. So, we pay $1500 for a nice widescreen HDTV (on sale) that is worth $1500 or we pay $300 on a item worth $150.

Best of luck.

You could be like me and Add up the total number of hours she spends watching TV...

If she watches alot of TV tell her the Tv is for her...

HD is amazing dude...

I just bought a 50" Sony SXRD - fugging awesome and it was $500 less in Circuit City ($2999)compared to their website ($3499)

woot

LINK

Man...nothing beats sports in HD. Be sure to get a widescreen TV though, it just makes more sense.

Finally, make sure you upgrade to a cable package, or satellite service that you can get HD on. No point in having an HD capable TV without the service.

sure there is. Watching a game/movie on a 50" TV is much better than on a 27" set. Plus, most HD services are expensive with little content. DVD's will look beautiful, so most serious watching can be done there.

Now, HD OTA sports is awesome, but I had my set for 16 months w/o HD and I survived.

By the year 2008 all TVs have manufactured have to be HDTV capable and all TV stations have to start broadcasting in HDTV. Since you're 1989 RCA is not compatible with this, not only will you suffer loss of quality but you will also pay a ton of money for a new TV as supply/demand chain drives prices up.

My wife is very lets say "frugal". This girl does not even go to the mall, I swear. We have a 1989 RCA XL 100 27", that still has a beautiful picture, and I have NEVER had this set in for service. But it's time to move into the 21st century. I need an iron clad argument to sell her on my going out to get a new set for the Game. PS yes I am whipped. Thanks :unsure: :unsure:

I have also thought of screwing the color up, since she has no clue how to adjust it. but I dont want to stoop that low. ;)

Sometimes you just have to grow a set. Guys need a big TV, its just the way it is and she needs to understand this. Go buy it and if she makes you sleep on the couch for a week, all the better. It just means more quality time with your new TV.

I'm with your wife. Why waste money on some new tv when yours works perfectly fine? Know how much it costs tto send a kid to college? Are you saving? :blush:

You could be like me and Add up the total number of hours she spends watching TV...

If she watches alot of TV tell her the Tv is for her...

HD is amazing dude...

I just bought a 50" Sony SXRD - fugging awesome and it was $500 less in Circuit City ($2999)compared to their website ($3499)

woot

LINK

Well, don't leave us hanging man... what's behind the black rectangle??

Archived