How Many 20+ Goal Scorers Will Sabres Have Next Year?

bob_sauve28

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Wasn't he leading Liiga in goals before coming over this year?

Possibly.  in 2019-20 he was 15-28 for 43.  However, in other seasons he was more even goals to assists.  On further review he seems to be a guy who can do whatever the team needs.  Nice player to have.  Depending on how he is used, I can see 20 goals.  That said, we really do need some decent playmakers especially if we trade the Tank Fruit.

17 hours ago, OhMyDahlin said:

If Eichel and Reinhart are both gone, I predict we will have zero 20-goal scorers.

If they are here, I'd expect around 3-4 of them.

They won't be gone. Neither will be traded, IMO. Sam will walk after next year, Jack is our property for the foreseeable future 

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

Not based on anything the players and Kevyn Adams has said. 

It would be hard to trade Sam, cause he only has a year left, so the trade would all have to be worked out with contracts, but it could happen, I suppose. Jack is hurt, so that throws a monkey wrench in that. 

20 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Even our tank teams had 20 goal scorers....

Who on this team, outside of Jack and Sam, can score 20 goals? Olofsson needs Jack and is awful 5-on-5. Skinner is washed up. That's about it. Unless Cozens and Mittelstadt become great setup guys overnight, I don't see it. I saw someone mention guys like Thompson and Bjork could be 20-goal guys, that's a pipe dream.

In 2014-15 the Sabres had one 20-goal scorer. Tyler Ennis. And he scored exactly 20 goals. (The next closest was Girgensons with 15 goals.)

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

They won't be gone. Neither will be traded, IMO. Sam will walk after next year, Jack is our property for the foreseeable future 

I hope you're right, but I highly doubt either is here come October.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.