NHL Rumors and Trade Speculation 2021-22 Season

Brawndo

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

No, because then he'll end up in Boston; don't even try to make that happen.

Im not advocating for that!

His contract has only 5 years left though so he'll end up there eventually I'm guessing. 

No matter. By then the Sabres will have built a powerhouse and will make his return home miserable and meaningless. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m expecting Power, and quite possibly Johnson and Levi.

I also think it’s entirely possible Biro and Laaksonen get looks after some UFAs get dumped at the deadline.

And, to your question, I am hoping that Adams will take advantage of our cap space to help the cap-strapped, which could mean a few more bodies.

This is from 32 Thoughts yesterday.

9. When it comes to Toronto, I still think the question is if they can clear cap room. They’re trying to move Nick Ritchie, since there’s no path back to the NHL for him barring injury or until the cap disappears in the playoffs. There is interest, but a buyout next season is only $300,000 against the cap so the Maple Leafs are pointing out retaining anything more than that doesn’t make sense for them. Remember: they also made Justin Holl and Travis Dermott available early in the season. Can they create any flexibility? I’m not convinced yet Toronto does a big rental on defence. Maybe the best depth defender they can find for what they need.

I’ll take Ritchie and His Full Cap Hit and send back Miller (50% retained) for a First. 

Ritchie can stay in the AHL if there is fear of Him blocking one of Kids 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is from 32 Thoughts yesterday.

9. When it comes to Toronto, I still think the question is if they can clear cap room. They’re trying to move Nick Ritchie, since there’s no path back to the NHL for him barring injury or until the cap disappears in the playoffs. There is interest, but a buyout next season is only $300,000 against the cap so the Maple Leafs are pointing out retaining anything more than that doesn’t make sense for them. Remember: they also made Justin Holl and Travis Dermott available early in the season. Can they create any flexibility? I’m not convinced yet Toronto does a big rental on defence. Maybe the best depth defender they can find for what they need.

I’ll take Ritchie and His Full Cap Hit and send back Miller (50% retained) for a First. 

Ritchie can stay in the AHL if there is fear of Him blocking one of Kids 

I think Nick Ritchie sucks, but I do this deal.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think Nick Ritchie sucks, but I do this deal.

He'd almost have to go to the AHL, you already have Skinner/Krebs/Asplund/Girgensons/Peterka/Murray/Bjork/Biro under contract at LW already. Miller plus Ritchie's contract may or may not entice the Leafs to give us a 1st though.

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.