How bad is it? The Sabres compared to the Tank

LGR4GM

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Nothing will ever be worse than the tank years.

The teams may be worse, but the bad taste of the tank makes those the darkest days in the history of the Sabres.

I feel the opposite.  This team is worse...because with the tank, you knew (and were reminded over and over) of just how many high draft picks the Sabres would have, and you had hope and optimism of the possibilities of several young stars soon to be playing for your team.  With the current team, you don't have visions of top pick generational players soon to be here, and the top picks you have now...to me they certainly aren't generational and are getting harder and harder to root for as every game passes.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/6/2021 at 9:26 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

The teams may be worse, but the bad taste of the tank makes those the darkest days in the history of the Sabres.

I'm going to disagree. I think it's worse now. 

In hindsight, the tank is awful, but at the time it seemed like pain to get gain. We were going to get this generational player and so we hit bottom but then it was supposed to be a climb up from there. Something to look forward to. 

Now however we have talent (allegedly) and big names/salaries and yet we are arguably worse or just as bad as then, so what do we have to look forward to? Nothing. At best a tear down and redo. At worst more tinkering and more sorry excuses for a decade or longer. It feels worse to me. 

On 3/6/2021 at 12:26 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think it's a lot worse now.  Tanking had a purpose and it actually worked.

Now we are actually trying to win, but are still playing like a tanking team.

And we have a head coach who is a fraud and a prevaricator, and an owner who may well not realize that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.