Sabres prove to be a class act.

deluca67

The Sabres have shown a lot of class this week.

First they beat the Maple Laughs and didn;t sink to their level with a cheap shot on Tucker.

Then is a meaningless game they played like they needed the two points for a playoff spot. How many times in other sports do you here about teams resting their regulars. It happens a lot in football where teams rest their regulars in games that have playoff implications for other teams.

The Sabres could have packed it in and handed Carolina the #1 seed. They didn't. They have proven not to be anyones stepping stone. That has impressed me more then the back to back shutouts.

It was a meaningless game only to the Sabres, Carolina needed it to take 1st, and Buffalo decided to show up and show Carolina we mean buisness. It was great to see Buffalo have an impressive win over a team that was trying to win and not just riding out the season.

I understand why in some sports like football when the team has the season wrapped up they rest starters. Football is a very tough sport on the body and you want your players as close to 100% for the playoffs. Injuries happen all the time and you don't want to risk a serious one to a key player just so you could get a win that is going to do nothing for you.

Well said DeLuca. What an amazing finish to the season. I've never been one to believe that teams can flip the proverbial switch for the playoffs, but lights are coming on all over. Max, Drury, Kalinin, McKee, Campbell, Miller, Biron, on and on... If fans didn't have goosebumps before, all of Sabre Nation is certainly shivering today.

Let's hope that Kotalik guy can resurface again. Where has he been???

the only two sabres who haven't impresed me of late are kotalik and vanek. kotalik was invisible last night. he skated hard a few shifts, but never really had his nose around the net. vanek had 3 or 4 good scoring chances but just looked horrible. his confidence is shot and he's just going through the motions out there.

The Sabres have shown a lot of class this week.

First they beat the Maple Laughs and didn;t sink to their level with a cheap shot on Tucker.

Then is a meaningless game they played like they needed the two points for a playoff spot. How many times in other sports do you here about teams resting their regulars. It happens a lot in football where teams rest their regulars in games that have playoff implications for other teams.

The Sabres could have packed it in and handed Carolina the #1 seed. They didn't. They have proven not to be anyones stepping stone. That has impressed me more then the back to back shutouts.

Don't forget they beat Montreal twice in a row while Montreal was still battling to guarantee a playoff birth. The Saturday night in Mon-real probably impressed me most of the last week.

Archived