OT: Information on Coronavirus from the Far East

Scottysabres

5 minutes ago, Derrico said:

This is a world health pandemic.  Yes the mortality rate is relatively low compared to SARS and MERS (thank God).  But I don’t give two shits about the American political system.  This is much bigger then that.  There will be mass quarantines in North America without doubt at this point.  Anyone who thinks this has to do with some political angle can’t see the forest through the trees.  It’s not all just seniors dying either.  As if that would still be acceptable somehow.  

That's funny because that political system will have a direct impact on the extent and severity of the disease if it become an epidemic in the US. 

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Ok, is the Corona Virus beer related?

And if so, does that impact global beer consumption, or will it lead to a run on beer sales, creating a shortage of beer, which could lead to either riots in the streets or an increase in bourbon and tequila consumption.

These may be trying times........

That is kind of interesting actually.  I've heard some suggest that this virus will wind up being something that we just deal with on a yearly basis like we do with the flu.  If that happens, they're pretty much going to have to change the name of the beer.  Influenza Brewing Company went out of business years ago, so you just know whoever owns Corona will want to get out ahead of this thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

This isn't that complicated.

Discussion of non-sports events does not give anyone a free pass to vent about politicians, unless it's done in the politics club.

If you can't discuss a non-sports event here without taking shots at politicians you don't like -- then don't discuss non-sports events here.

And don't pretend you're not doing something by hiding behind BS like "everything is political."

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

That's funny because that political system will have a direct impact on the extent and severity of the disease if it become an epidemic in the US. 

What would you like any governing agency world wide to do exactly?

I mean, honestly, the virus was outside of China before its full implications were known, so what exactly are you implying with pushing this particular administration to the front of the issue?

I grow tired of the "orange man bad" ***** being espoused minute by minute. The US government's response appears adequate to this date. They asked for X amount and the opposotion party said no, it should be this amount higher, to which I heard yesterday "fine, make it that amount".

I fail to see any cognizant reasoning as to why attacks on the response are bubbling to the surface.

• Like (+1) 2