Scoreboard watch, 1pm today

Rock DJ

If Philly wins this game in regulation, then they leap frog the Rangers, which means NJ can do no better than 6th. Any other win/loss combination keeps all 3 teams in the hunt for 3rd, 5th and 6th.

To me, an outright Philly win is the best scenario for us. Rangers have been in a tailspin lately and Jagr CAN be held in check. You're not going to keep him off the scoresheet for an entire series, but we can stay on him and take him off his game.

If Philly wins this game in regulation, then they leap frog the Rangers, which means NJ can do no better than 6th. Any other win/loss combination keeps all 3 teams in the hunt for 3rd, 5th and 6th.

To me, an outright Philly win is the best scenario for us. Rangers have been in a tailspin lately and Jagr CAN be held in check. You're not going to keep him off the scoresheet for an entire series, but we can stay on him and take him off his game.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.

Bob Pardo, tell that man what he's won.

Agreed!

I'm not scared of the devils. I'd obviously prefer to play the flyers, since they suck. However, I firmly believe that the sabres can beat the devils and/or the rangers.

i'm with you. do i think the devils will be easy? no way. it would easily be a 6 or 7 game series. i think we could take the flyers in 4 or 5, but i can't see us losing to jersey, philly or new york.

I actually feel that playing Jersey would be good for such a young team that is so inexperienced. Since the Sabres have had so much success against Philly this season, I think they MIGHT be more prone to feeling and playing like they have nothing to prove.

Against the Devils, a team the Sabres have struggled against and who is arguably the hottest team in the league right now, you know that everyone and their sister outside of Western New York will pick the Devils to come out of the first round.

You know the reasons why.

Can't you just see Barry Melrose's greasy mullet on ESPN talking for 13 seconds about the NHL playoffs?...His big "upset" pick will be NJ over BUF. Melrose will inaccurately state that the Sabres have been really struggling lately and are banged up and that Miller hasn't been playing well. Then he'll ooooo and aaahhh over Brodeur and pick NJ.

With everyone picking NJ, it should serve to motivate the Sabres, who were ignored in the pre-season, shunned after their post-Olympics slide, and will probably be picked against next week.

Bring on New Jersey. It'll serve as a huge motivation, then confidence boost to this young club as they go deep this spring.

I'm not scared of the devils. I'd obviously prefer to play the flyers, since they suck. However, I firmly believe that the sabres can beat the devils and/or the rangers.

OMG The Devils are going to kill us! 10 game winning streak??? Good god, what have we done to desrve such a horrible fate?

Oh well, it was a fun season while it lasted :blink:

OMG The Devils are going to kill us! 10 game winning streak??? Good god, what have we done to desrve such a horrible fate?

Maybe Jersey could pass the Rangers too! :P

The Devils play Montreal while New York has Ottawa. Perhaps God could grant us a small favor?

Maybe Jersey could pass the Rangers too! :P

The Devils play Montreal while New York has Ottawa. Perhaps God could grant us a small favor?

I know your post was sarcastic, but I was curious as to wehter or not it could happen, and I actually think it will.

Rangers have Ottawa, while Jersey has the Montreal.

Archived