Sabres v Tornato 9/21/18... blow leaves blow at 7:30p

North Buffalo

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I've been messaging my Leafs fan friend with a "is Horty good to go yet?" every couple of months for the last, like, four years 

Not to derail the GDT, but if I were the Devils, I’d be white hot at the Kovalchuck treatment from the league, when Arizona got to stay over the floor by counting Pronger when he was working in the league Office and the Horton deal, among others, were shrugged at.  The center of the hockey universe and Bettman’s hill to die on, treated differently in naked cap circumvention.  Go figure.  

Just now, dudacek said:

But, but Botterill was an idiot for targeting him! I read it on the Internet!

Mayhaps wait until he scores some regular season goals before the chest thumping? We're what, 2 years removed from Guhle looking like a camp superstar, and now he shouldn't even make the team. 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I do wish Tage would ease off the toe-drag a bit - that isn't going to fly nearly as much with NHL defensive sticks (the leafs don't have any of those)

Tage has better puck skills than I was led to believe he did, but it does seem like he thinks he's better with it than he actually is. Regardless, I'm glad he looks like more than just a tall guy with a shot. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Mayhaps wait until he scores some regular season goals before the chest thumping? We're what, 2 years removed from Guhle looking like a camp superstar, and now he shouldn't even make the team. 

Fair enough, but damn, he look good doh. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

This wasn’t chest thumping. I agree wholeheartedly with your point.

It is, however, very much mocking the “woe is me, we traded for a player I havent watched or heard much hype about!”

• Like (+1) 1

I believe situations in general have enough nuance, so that in this one people can appreciate Tage's preseason and be sickened by the artificially constructed deadline sell-off (which is also what the Sens did with EK - you get spanked when you paint yourself into this corner) completely ignoring an identical-but-worse comparable trade from the season before in which the GM waited longer, into the season, made the playoffs, and got more for a worse and more disgruntled player than ROR, without the locker room falling apart. 

Which is a take consistent with that side's view of the trade, despite attempts made months later to paint the take as dull and simplistic internet trash 

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.