New Jersey Devils @ Buffalo Sabres, 7PM ET, 1/30/2018

Doohickie

I didn't like the fact that none of the other Sabres on the ice did anything about the hit.   They all just kind of skated over, took a look and didn't even bat an eyelash at Hall.    If this was a tight knit team, that wouldn't happen.

I didn't like it either.

pxo4zYK.gif

I did, however, like Bowie quite a bit.

I think the business of "how did the team react" is over-played. Cooke damn near killed Savard years ago, and the Bruins' on-ice reaction was pretty tame.

As a former player, I disagree.   Especially when it happens to an established vet.    You'd expect at least some kind of reaction, like a nice heavy face wash or few jabs.  

I think we're (Sabres fans) all a bit more conscious of this kind of stuff as a result of the Miller-Lucic thing.

true

All that being said, even with that stuff being phased out of the game relative to even a decade ago, I would also like to see more in response there.

not sure it's being phased out.   you still see a lot of it... on teams that care about each other anyway.

All that being said, even with that stuff being phased out of the game relative to even a decade ago, I would also like to see more in response there.

Same.

I no longer place the same stock in it that I used to, but, really, where's the downside to just bear hugging the other guy (Taylor Hall, btw) in that situation and grappling for 20 seconds? It'll be a meaningless scrum, rest assured.

I think we're (Sabres fans) all a bit more conscious of this kind of stuff as a result of the Miller-Lucic thing.

I used to be. Not as much anymore. But still ....

not sure it's being phased out.   you still see a lot of it... on teams that care about each other anyway.

I'd be interested to see actual data (footage) on this point. My mind is pretty open on the subject. But I'm skeptical that there are teams that reliably get after it when one of their own gets cheap-shotted.

I'd be interested to see actual data (footage) on this point. My mind is pretty open on the subject. But I'm skeptical that there are teams that reliably get after it when one of their own gets cheap-shotted.

You see it all the time, often it's just a bone jarring clean hit that triggers a scuffle.     In this case it was a dirty dirty cheapshot, and nobody gave a damn.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.