CFP (College Football playoff) Who wins today and overall?

GASabresIUFAN

We're the calls that bad? I only caught the very end of 4th and spotty wifi for OT

Georgia blocked a punt which would have given them the ball at Bama 20 yard line. They called the player who blocked it offsides, replays showed he clearly wasn’t.

On Alabama’s tying TD, the near WR false started and there was obvious holding as well. Neither was called.

They missed an obvious face mask by Bama on Michel and but called it on Georgia later in the game

And on a sack of Fromm, the Bama D Lineman drove his forearm into his head after the whistle.

Still Georgia blew a 13-0 lead.

So to where does Hurts transfer ? 

Didn't Cardale do something similar for Ohio State? And then he didn't even start the next season? (Maybe Cardale played because of an injury, though.)

I went to bed around half-time. The Oklahoma-Georgia game was glorious. Last night's game, or first half anyway, was a reminder of how tedious college foobaw can be.

Georgia blocked a punt which would have given them the ball at Bama 20 yard line. They called the player who blocked it offsides, replays showed he clearly wasn’t.

On Alabama’s tying TD, the near WR false started and there was obvious holding as well. Neither was called.

They missed an obvious face mask by Bama on Michel and but called it on Georgia later in the game

And on a sack of Fromm, the Bama D Lineman drove his forearm into his head after the whistle.

Still Georgia blew a 13-0 lead.

I am a firm believer that penalties (especially In the situations above) can really contribute to giving up a decent lead. I wish I could have seen the whole game.

I typically wouldn't be a Bama fan at all, not a huge fan of dynasties. When I was younger, I had family that lived down there and Bama was my first taste of college ball.

Didn't Cardale do something similar for Ohio State? And then he didn't even start the next season? (Maybe Cardale played because of an injury, though.)

I went to bed around half-time. The Oklahoma-Georgia game was glorious. Last night's game, or first half anyway, was a reminder of how tedious college foobaw can be.

I don't think so ... Cardale red-shirted his 1st year at OSU, but was there for the duration. Now Jacob Eason is thinking about UW now that he'll never see another play at Georgia. Hurts should transfer as well - he's only 19 and can sit for a year. 

Edited by Gramps

I don't think so ... Cardale red-shirted his 1st year at OSU, but was there for the duration. Now Jacob Eason is thinking about UW now that he'll never see another play at Georgia. Hurts should transfer as well - he's only 19 and can sit for a year. 

fwiw - from his wikipedia page:

After entering the 2014 season as a redshirt sophomore, third on the Buckeyes' depth chart, Jones made his first start of his college career in the Big Ten Championship Game in place of J. T. Barrett, who had been injured the prior week versus Michigan. Jones led the #6 (AP) ranked Buckeyes squad to a 59–0 victory over the #11 ranked Wisconsin Badgers, on the eve of the NCAA football committee's inaugural playoff selection.[21] Jones was named MVP of the game.

Cardale Jones made the second start of his college career, and the Ohio State Buckeyes defeated #1 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide 42–35 in the Allstate Sugar Bowl to advance to the College Football Playoff National Championship against the Oregon Ducks. In the championship game, he excelled once again and led the Buckeyes to a 42–20 victory over the Ducks. Jones recorded 280 all-purpose yards, scoring two touchdowns. He completed 16 of 23 attempted passes for 242 yards, with one touchdown and one interception and ran for another 38 yards and a touchdown.[22] The day after winning the National Championship, Jones discussed his future football career. In a news conference, Jones said that while he did not officially rule out declaring for the 2015 NFL Draft, he believes that he is "not ready for that level yet," partly because he has only started in 3 college football games.[23] Jones confirmed on January 15, 2015 that he would not declare for the 2015 NFL Draft, and would stay with Ohio State for at least another year, most probably until he graduated.[24]

2015 season[edit]

After a competition with Barrett that lasted the entire offseason, Jones was named the Buckeyes' starting quarterback immediately before gametime in Ohio State's season opener at Virginia Tech. Both he and Barrett remained listed as co-starters on the depth chart headed into September 12 meeting with Hawaii.[25][26] He set career highs in passing yards and completions and passing yards against Maryland on September 10, 2015 with 21 completions, 291 passing yards, and two passing touchdowns.[20] After starting the first seven games of the season, he was benched in favor of Barrett.[27] After Ohio State's final home game, he announced his intention to enter the 2016 NFL Draft.[28]

fwiw - from his wikipedia page:

After entering the 2014 season as a redshirt sophomore, third on the Buckeyes' depth chart, Jones made his first start of his college career in the Big Ten Championship Game in place of J. T. Barrett, who had been injured the prior week versus Michigan. Jones led the #6 (AP) ranked Buckeyes squad to a 59–0 victory over the #11 ranked Wisconsin Badgers, on the eve of the NCAA football committee's inaugural playoff selection.[21] Jones was named MVP of the game.

Cardale Jones made the second start of his college career, and the Ohio State Buckeyes defeated #1 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide 42–35 in the Allstate Sugar Bowl to advance to the College Football Playoff National Championship against the Oregon Ducks. In the championship game, he excelled once again and led the Buckeyes to a 42–20 victory over the Ducks. Jones recorded 280 all-purpose yards, scoring two touchdowns. He completed 16 of 23 attempted passes for 242 yards, with one touchdown and one interception and ran for another 38 yards and a touchdown.[22] The day after winning the National Championship, Jones discussed his future football career. In a news conference, Jones said that while he did not officially rule out declaring for the 2015 NFL Draft, he believes that he is "not ready for that level yet," partly because he has only started in 3 college football games.[23] Jones confirmed on January 15, 2015 that he would not declare for the 2015 NFL Draft, and would stay with Ohio State for at least another year, most probably until he graduated.[24]

2015 season[edit]

After a competition with Barrett that lasted the entire offseason, Jones was named the Buckeyes' starting quarterback immediately before gametime in Ohio State's season opener at Virginia Tech. Both he and Barrett remained listed as co-starters on the depth chart headed into September 12 meeting with Hawaii.[25][26] He set career highs in passing yards and completions and passing yards against Maryland on September 10, 2015 with 21 completions, 291 passing yards, and two passing touchdowns.[20] After starting the first seven games of the season, he was benched in favor of Barrett.[27] After Ohio State's final home game, he announced his intention to enter the 2016 NFL Draft.[28]

Sorry, missed your point entirely. I thought you meant Cardale had transferred like Hurts probably will do. Hard to see Hurts sitting behind Tua unless something changes before net season. 

Sorry, missed your point entirely. I thought you meant Cardale had transferred like Hurts probably will do. Hard to see Hurts sitting behind Tua unless something changes before net season. 

Ah, gotcha. My point was that, after coming off the bench to lead his team to the national championship (not unlike Tua did), Cardale was not named the starter for the following season, and that, even though Cardale was eventually named the starter days before the opener, he did not hang onto the job for the entire season (he was benched in favor of Barrett).

So maybe Hurts looks at that scenario and sees that he still has a shot with Bama. Or maybe not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.