GDT: 11/17/17 Sabres at Wings. 7:30pm MSG, WGR

ubkev

Stay a fan, but many of us may need a break... but this is supposed to be my break from reality.... I will continue to follow... but slowly weening myself off... till they get some more talent...

That's all I meant too. Not going to watch all the games. Not going to say as much. Just talk about any actual changes they make, any REAL progress. It's too depressing to pay any real attention to right now. 

Terrible is a strong word.

A terrible goal is when the point shot goes in without a screen.

A terrible goal is when you spit out a juicy rebound on a straight-on shot into your body, not an athletic kick save from in tight, not when the goal scorer hasn’t got a checker within six feet of him.

Robin Lehner fought and spit and clawed his way through that game, battling his ass off as his defence handled the puck like a hand grenade around him. He stole at least a half-dozen goals.

I don’t think Lehner is the guy either. But he’s not the guy we should be pointing fingers at for this game or this season.

Hasek and Miller spoiled us. This is what NHL goaltending looks like for 3/4 of the league.

Lehner had one guy screening him on the point shot that went in. I saw no ankle chops or shoves or anything from Lehner to move that guy out. If that guy's presence excuses Lehner from fault on that goal, then NHL goalies aren’t at fault on 90% of NHL goals scored.

And I didn’t see an athletic or determined play by Lehner on the 2nd one either. I saw a fairly innocuous shot from a side angle that is almost impossible to score from being converted by Lehner into a great scoring chance by Lehner poorly misplaying it and depositing a fat rebound into the doorstep.

I don’t dispute that Lehner fought like crazy for his team and didn’t get nearly enough support, either is his own end or on offense.

But he freezes up in crunch time. He does not close out games. He gives up soft goals in third periods and is helpless in OT and the SO.

And his teammates know it, which is why they play like they expect to lose close games.

So they do.

Lehner had one guy screening him on the point shot that went in. I saw no ankle chops or shoves or anything from Lehner to move that guy out. If that guy's presence excuses Lehner from fault on that goal, then NHL goalies aren’t at fault on 90% of NHL goals scored.

And I didn’t see an athletic or determined play by Lehner on the 2nd one either. I saw a fairly innocuous shot from a side angle that is almost impossible to score from being converted by Lehner into a great scoring chance by Lehner poorly misplaying it and depositing a fat rebound into the doorstep.

I don’t dispute that Lehner fought like crazy for his team and didn’t get nearly enough support, either is his own end or on offense.

But he freezes up in crunch time. He does not close out games. He gives up soft goals in third periods and is helpless in OT and the SO.

And his teammates know it, which is why they play like they expect to lose close games.

So they do.

Seriously, if there were one and only one move to be made, it would be to improve at G.

What have we done to deserve 2 teams like this? Why do our teams suck all the time? All I ask is for is competitive teams and a playoff game once in a while

God is angry because you touch yourself sometimes at night. He doesn't like that. It's in the bible ........ I think the front. Until you stop Buffalo will continue to stink.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.