Sabres talk... any viable alternative to S&B?

PASabreFan

I listen to Schopp & the Bulldog all the time. Because... I don't feel I have another choice. Am I missing something? (I can't really tolerate Petey and Rivs — mainly because I can never tell which one  is which any more than I could ever tell Click from Clack.)

Is there not another station in Buffalo that does Sabres talk? Are there any good podcasts out there?

I honestly can't believe what passes for sports talk on WGR. And I say that as a pretty big fan of Chris Parker. My God, that man deserves a medal for putting up with Mike Schopp. Schopp torments the man with outlandish questions. "Bulldog... name every quarterback who played for the New York Giants in the 80s in alphabetical order."

I can't stand Mike Schopp the way most folks on here can't stand Paul Hamilton.  I find him insufferable.  I get no entertainment value from him.

I don't mind Bulldog, but I feel like he wouldn't have a radio show in much of any other town.  He certainly doesn't have the sound of a professional in broadcasting.  He strikes me like one of those quaint, yeah he's bad but he's our town bad so it's ok kind of things.

Edited by We've

I like S&B, but I only listen to their podcasts when they're interviewing someone interesting -- i.e. JBott, someone from TSN, etc. (or, I confess, Hammy).  If the person they're interviewing is a hockey person, I usually find it worthwhile.  It's pretty easy to do via iTunes -- they post them every day, usually hour-by-hour, and usually indicating who they are interviewing.  (Same for Howard & Jeremy, about whom I have a similar opinion.)

I have zero interest in listening to them (or any other radio show) shooting the breeze for 3 hours.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.